Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Polaris
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 07-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default 2005 Sportsman 800 AWD issues

I have read what seems like every post on this but none actually mirror my issue. Most have 1 wheel engage but not the other. Neither of my front wheels engage at all. This happened over the weekend for the first time and has not engaged since. No wierd noises or anything. The light on the POD turns on when I switch to AWD but thats it. I tested power at the switch and also going into the diff....power at both. Changed the fluid and still nothing. I want to exhaust all options before having to tear into the diff. Any ideas?
Old 07-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Garage is empty, add now

just sent you a pm.
10' massey ferguson tractor
Old 07-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Thanks for your help Sten. I ordered the JD parts today. Hopefully the cage is the answer.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Default awd

my 05 600 had same problem checked ohms at diff two wires coming out no good opened up front thinking it was the cage . the cage was fine bearings were little ruff but still not enough ohms at hub coil was out 240 to 350 at dealer only place to get it unless u get used one thats hard to come by want sell just the cover
Old 07-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

What are the ohms supposed to be @ the diff? I only checked for power which I have. Didn't check the ohms.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

On my 05 600 they are supposed to be between22.8 and25.2 and make sure u have a meter that will read low enough bought one at o rielys wouldnt go low enough need good digital one i have the same problem u have pulled mine apart and the armature plate is worped and the roller berings in the cage are ruff a shop book from polaris really helps get one online 50.00 bucks YES U TEST THE WIRES COMING OUT OFF THE DIFF NO POWER HOOKED UP
Old 07-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

post ure findings i would like to no whats up
Old 07-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

So I ordered the parts from JD which won't be in for another couple days. This past weekend I went out for a ride and found a nice mud hole. On my way out I made it through in 2 wheel but on the way back...not so much luck. For the hell of it I switched to 4 wheel. The light on the Pod went on as it always did but when I hit the throttle, the front tires engaged and out of the hole I came. Not sure how or why this happened but I think it fixed itself!

Any thoughts?
Old 07-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

you didnt show an ERROR on the speedo did you? if so it could be the trans gear selector switch acting up,it will make the awd not work if there is an ERROR
2008 Dodge Ram 1500
1997 Dodge Ram 1500
Old 07-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

no error at all.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
06, 2005, 800, awd, ball, change, engage, joints, polaris, problem, problems, sportman, sportsman, switch, wheel, work