Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Factory Customer Service Stinks

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC
Sounds like a struggling outfit. My dealer would order a spark plug and have it in overnight.
For $20,000 I would just of got a mint condition used jeep or 4wd truck.
The two newest rzr's start at $26,000 for one, and $31,000 for the other. Wont ever own one, but a Jeep is a certanty.

Also wont buy buying another Polaris either, customer service, and all the 570 issues.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

try the BBB and the attorney generals office. This didn't get my 570 fixed but at least it got the attention of Polaris. I got a letter from a paralegal at Polaris. But I am still fighting the fight. I agree I wouldn't purchase another Polaris after trying to deal with them and the dealer is no better. Maybe they can't deal with Polaris either

Old 11-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

What exactly are the issues that people are having with the 570s besides the one mentioned here? I figured it would be a decent machine being on the same platform as the old reliable 500. I also thought this new engine was bulletproof?

Old 11-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by HondaR24
What exactly are the issues that people are having with the 570s besides the one mentioned here? I figured it would be a decent machine being on the same platform as the old reliable 500. I also thought this new engine was bulletproof?
The 455cc in the 400ho and the 498cc in the 500ho are built by Fuji, the 570 is a Polaris engine. They are having head gasket issues, running hot boiling gas, melting plastics, and **** poor customer service.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Those are the issue's I am having with my 570. It runs so hot that it softens the seat posts causing them to spread out and the seat to slip off the frame. I've been having this issue since Jan when I purchased it. Polaris refused to believe it was an issue until the 4th time it was in the shop for the seat slipping off the frame. Been in the shop for going on 6 weeks and still waiting for Polaris to ship the so called fix. The motor has plenty of power, the quad climbs like a champ but the customer service issues and the seat problems out weight the positives. Plus I have the white one and and my daughter was riding with me in jeans and the white fender now has to blue patched on it where her legs rub while riding. Plus I let he drive it a few times and when you put an adult in the back the back rest feels like it is going to fall off. Really crappy seat design.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:42 AM
Pro Rider

I know you shouldn't have to do this but the heat issue could be due to a lean factory fuel map. Lots of atvs are coming setup this way in order to meet the emission requirements. Maybe a aftermarket fuel programmer would help? The seat issue is a different story though. I'm not familiar with the seat design but maybe you could staple some heavy duty aluminum foil to the seat and even the plastic where the header comes thru? That's the way Honda does it [IMG][/IMG]

Old 11-07-2014, 10:01 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

The melting Plastic and boiling gas is a chassis heat shielding issue not a motor issue.

I remember the first Yamaha 660 Grizzlies 2002-2003 boiling gas but Yamaha offered a recall heat shield and new shark gilled vented side panels and fixed it, but it had nothing to do with the motor it was fine.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Same thing happened on the early 500 efi and 700 models. Kits came out for better shielding of exhausts along with additional foil insulation added to side panels and under rear fenders like pictured on the Honda. Main problem on these were side panels melting with some seat edges that melted.I installed a bunch of these kits.Tried reprogramming a few before the kits came out,but didn't help.Same thing I guess is happening on some of the 550s from what the guys have said at the old shop. New seat kits with tougher seat pans along with brackets,etc was the scuttlebutt I've heard that's supposed to be happening or already in the works for affected units.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

Ok so it's purely from engine and exhaust heat. Try the foil then. If I put my hand over the plastic where the pipe runs thru on my 700xx after a ride, I barely feel any heat and I'd bet the xx runs hotter than the 570

Old 11-17-2014, 09:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Kubota offers a side-by-side with cab and heat for under $20K..........and it's diesel powered!
So, if you primarily plow snow and occasionally joy ride, the Kubota is your ticket to happiness.

Let's face it, the Ranger is a toy. Not a hard-core workhorse.

Quick Reply: Factory Customer Service Stinks