Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please read and help............

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please read and help............

Ok so i have a 2002 polaris trailboss 325. I sank it in a river over the weekend, well not sand, but i was doing some deep water exploring, and nothing happened except i got water in one of my headlight housings, and the bulb shattered on the way home in the dark. Luckily i have 2 lights!!!!! So anyway, they are the twist out style, you turn the harness plug in the back of the headlight assembly and the bulb plugs in. So it should be replaceable??? right???? Well i called my dealer and he said 74 dollars for one!!!!! Thats a whole assembly!!!! I dont need the assembly, i just need a bulb and they said they cant help me. Wire up a set from walmart they said. Is there a part number for them, or can someone help me to find the cross reference number for a bulb i can get at walmart for 10 bucks??? I really done want to buy a cheap set of lights and wire them in myself........

Old 10-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

I used to know the automotive part number but I have forgotten. Take the old bulb to any good auto parts store and they will find you a bulb. They are about $6 or so.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:00 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Yeah it retarded that they want the whole unit replaced for those lower bulbs. Like he says, bring the bulb in to a Auto store,they can,t be a "One of a kind Polaris bulb" .

Old 10-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by djoptimus5
Ok so i have a 2002 polaris trailboss 325. I sank it in a river over the weekend, well not sand, but i was doing some deep water exploring, and nothing happened except i got water in one of my headlight housings, and the bulb shattered on the way home in the dark. Luckily i have 2 lights!!!!! So anyway, they are the twist out style, you turn the harness plug in the back of the headlight assembly and the bulb plugs in. So it should be replaceable??? right???? Well i called my dealer and he said 74 dollars for one!!!!! Thats a whole assembly!!!! I dont need the assembly, i just need a bulb and they said they cant help me. Wire up a set from walmart they said. Is there a part number for them, or can someone help me to find the cross reference number for a bulb i can get at walmart for 10 bucks??? I really done want to buy a cheap set of lights and wire them in myself........
4030059 bulb # from Polaris OR just match up at an auto dealer as suggested. I think someone didn't check close enough or trying to get rid of a couple lights in stock??? OPT

Old 10-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

OLD POLARIS TECH is that a double or single filament bulb, 2 or 3 wires?

Old 10-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by randyneff6971
OLD POLARIS TECH is that a double or single filament bulb, 2 or 3 wires?
Shows only the light assy on the t/boss,BUT shows the bulb separate on the magnum(uses same assy) If you have hi and low beam,will be a double filament. OPT

Old 10-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah the ones i have on mine are 3 wire high low beam.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Trailblazer

I guess thats what i will have to do tomorrow. And i'll have to remember not to sink the headlights underwater, but its soooooooooooo fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Pro Rider

Ge-# 886 I believe

Old 10-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Trailblazer
Exclamation

Well i went on a goose chase yesterday and i found nothing. I ewnt to advance auto parts and the guy spent half an hour trying to find something to work. Not even universal adapters or anything. WTF!!!!!!!!!!! please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please read and help............