Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris help

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris help

somone here helped me with an override for the reverse limiter, but i encountered a small problem i would like to resolve if someone would be so kind to help me again i would greatly appreciate it, im 66 and not as sharp as i used to be, thanks
after making the change in the wiring my speedometer stopped working and before i went making more changes i wanted to ask some of you who might keep me from making another mistake. this is what i did.

there were three wires involved in the change, i cut the gray/orange stripe wire which goes from the overide button to the speedo, taped up the ends, which bypassed the reverse rev-limiter, then i found the three purple wires that terminate with a female spade type connector, that is just hanging there not connected. i took the one that goes to the override button and cut it off at the spade. i then located the gray/white stripe wire and spliced a 6 inch piece of wire with a male spade on the other end. located the red/white stripe wire ( ignition activated power) which ends with a female spade connector. this connector isnt connected to anything and is just hanging there waiting for someone to connect an accessory to it. took the 6 inch male connector on the wire just installed and plug it in to the red/white stripe female connector.

the bike runs fine and works great just the speedo stopped working is there a way to get it to work without undoing the change i made, i dont want to mess around and do something stupid without asking, as i said im old and dont have the experience a lot of you younger guys have, thanks for any help
mike

Old 10-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what is the year and model of the bike?

Old 10-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris

yes i guess that would have helped a lot, it is a 2001, 500 sportsman HO, thanks