Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2000 Polaris Trailboss 325 electrical diagram.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 02:08 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh strehle
I am riding today I can just run it like I always do right? Also I disconnected the bullet connecter that runs the hot light and the fan for today that's fine for today right?
Yes you can just disconnect it and forget about it if you don't wont to replace anything. Fine to ride it as it is..

Old 08-18-2016, 02:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thx. So glad I found this site.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey old Polaris tech the bulb for the brake light was burned out. The good news? Brake light is on when I brake. Bad news no running light when headlights r on that is a huge issue for me cause i ride at night. Plz help!

Old 08-18-2016, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Also I still don't have low beams the wiring seems to be straight and the bulb is not burned out but I still don't have low beams and I do not have running brake light when high beams on. It shines bright when I squeeze the brakes but as soon as I let go the running light doesn't stay on. Does that make any sense. I can try to put it in better terms if it doesn't.

Old 08-19-2016, 06:02 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Just use a test light or meter to check the green wires on the low beam lights. If it shows voltage then check that the browns(ground wires) have good connections. If there isn't power on low beam wires then the left control switch could be the problem. Rear bulb is a common double filament bulb. One filament for the tail light,one for the brake light. Sounds like the tail light filament is burnt.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

The taillight is brand new so its not burnt also on my machine the head lights only have one Greenwire. I will try the test meter and see if that works.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

The taillight is brand new so its not burnt also on my machine the head lights only have one Greenwire. I will try the test meter and see if that works.
The taillight just came on I took the bulb out and put it back in a little tighter. I will get a test meter for the headlights and are the two brown wires th ground?

Old 08-19-2016, 12:14 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Sorry.. Had Sportsman on the brain on having two low beam lights. Yes green wire for low beam,yellow for high beam,brown for all ground wiring. Check further into the wiring loom also for any broken wires as this area has a lot of twisting and turning and stress on the wiring.

Old 08-19-2016, 12:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Sorry.. Had Sportsman on the brain on having two low beam lights. Yes green wire for low beam,yellow for high beam,brown for all ground wiring. Check further into the wiring loom also for any broken wires as this area has a lot of twisting and turning and stress on the wiring.
Ok thanks I appreciate all your help. I am going to try the test light when I get a chance.

Old 08-19-2016, 05:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok thanks I appreciate all your help. I am going to try the test light when I get a chance.
Just saw something so I thought I'd let you know I believe the problem might actually be the headlight switch itself. Because when I turn the brights on the blue bright light indicator does not come on.

Quick Reply: 2000 Polaris Trailboss 325 electrical diagram.