Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

250 trail blazer mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250 trail blazer mods

Anybody know of good mods to do on a 250 trailblazer it's an 05. Looking for cheap or mods I can do myself with a few tools

Old 06-20-2013, 05:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'll see if I can help get the ball rolling for you. I recently picked up a used '05 Trail blazer. I liked the machine right from the get-go, but I wanted to get rid of the lazy acceleration when taking off from a standing start. After doing some on-line research, I called Ritter Racing and told him what I wanted to do. His fix was to get a heavier primary spring - a black/white stripe - to install in the drive clutch. When I installed the spring I also changed the main jet in the carb from a 130 to a 125, dropped the needle one notch in the slide, and adjusted the air screw to make it idle better. Just these minor changes made the quad much more responsive on take-off, and only cost me about $40.00. I'd guess the spring raised the clutch engagement about 300 to 400 rpm - just enough to get rid of the sluggishness, but it's still very ride able on tight woods trails. I think it would handle a 120 main jet without any problem, and I'm going to try it the next time I'm at the local motorcycle shop to pick one up.

I'm thinking about putting a pipe on it, but I'm concerned about the noise - I don't want to **** off the neighbors! LOL! I've heard that an aftermarket pipe with a 400 Scrambler muffler makes a good combination to both make more power yet keep it quiet. I'm still researching that one. Has anyone else heard of doing that?

Old 06-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Brettm57
I'll see if I can help get the ball rolling for you. I recently picked up a used '05 Trail blazer. I liked the machine right from the get-go, but I wanted to get rid of the lazy acceleration when taking off from a standing start. After doing some on-line research, I called Ritter Racing and told him what I wanted to do. His fix was to get a heavier primary spring - a black/white stripe - to install in the drive clutch. When I installed the spring I also changed the main jet in the carb from a 130 to a 125, dropped the needle one notch in the slide, and adjusted the air screw to make it idle better. Just these minor changes made the quad much more responsive on take-off, and only cost me about $40.00. I'd guess the spring raised the clutch engagement about 300 to 400 rpm - just enough to get rid of the sluggishness, but it's still very ride able on tight woods trails. I think it would handle a 120 main jet without any problem, and I'm going to try it the next time I'm at the local motorcycle shop to pick one up.

I'm thinking about putting a pipe on it, but I'm concerned about the noise - I don't want to **** off the neighbors! LOL! I've heard that an aftermarket pipe with a 400 Scrambler muffler makes a good combination to both make more power yet keep it quiet. I'm still researching that one. Has anyone else heard of doing that?
Thanks I've actually been reading about the clutch springs and started looking them up but the ones I've found have little tabs on the top and bottom whereas the trailblazer doesn't have those if I'm right

Old 06-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

You can do the pipe/muffler off the scrambler. A little louder, but not so loud as to annoy people and you will get a little more power from it too.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Also, if you're not planning on dunking it in water, you can do the air box mod too.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Also, if you're not planning on dunking it in water, you can do the air box mod too.
I don't plan on it but some plans dont work out a good as you hope lol. what Is the mod?

Old 06-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

On some lids, where the scoop part goes into the lids, the opening on the lid is smaller than the scoop itself. You can cut the opening on the lid a little bigger. On mine, I also have two holes drilled near the back of the lid. Kinda over the air filter. I did this on my trail boss too. And forgot about it just before I went into the creek. Luckily, the water wasn't deeper than the lid.

I don't have any pics of the mods here at work, and this is actually a yamaha lid, but you get the idea of the hole drilling part.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok thanks

Old 06-20-2013, 10:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
On some lids, where the scoop part goes into the lids, the opening on the lid is smaller than the scoop itself. You can cut the opening on the lid a little bigger. On mine, I also have two holes drilled near the back of the lid. Kinda over the air filter. I did this on my trail boss too. And forgot about it just before I went into the creek. Luckily, the water wasn't deeper than the lid.

I don't have any pics of the mods here at work, and this is actually a yamaha lid, but you get the idea of the hole drilling part.

So before I go cut up my lid I wa wondering if you cut the tube off on the inside because to me that seems to make the engine work harfer

Old 06-21-2013, 08:14 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Should be a vent tube from the crankcase, keep that one hooked up.

Might be one on the back bottom corner that has a plug in it. That's a drain, and I'd keep it too.

Quick Reply: 250 trail blazer mods