Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman Ace

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure it does have a low center of gravity but there is still no way for the rider to shift his/her weight like we can do on a atv. For a beginner, it may actually be better since it takes less rider involvement but a experienced rider will be able to go further/steeper with an atv.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by HondaR24
I'm sure it does have a low center of gravity but there is still no way for the rider to shift his/her weight like we can do on a atv. For a beginner, it may actually be better since it takes less rider involvement but a experienced rider will be able to go further/steeper with an atv.
That's my one gripe with side by side or Honda Pilot type vehicles. Can't use my gravitationally challenged self to influence the machine like I can on a quad.

That and we have headlight deep water/mud holes up here. The lower seat is going to get you wet eventually. Unless you're in the desert or sand dunes.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer

Thought I should check in again. Thanks for the link to the Ace forum.

I went back to get another Ace. I wanted the 570, which the dealer received last week. But comparing the new 2014 330 on closeout to the new 2015 570, there was a price difference of over $1800. So we have two 330s now.

My wife really likes hers, and I like mine. It is not a race car, but it has enough power to move my 220 pounds around quite nicely. The accelerator seems strange, but I think it is the nature of the belt drive. I see no need for EPS - I think it steers quite nicely. I really like the "car" seating. Kelly can go on a long (for her) ride with no back pain, no wrist numbness, etc. We are mostly unmaintained dirt roads around here, with up to 10" ruts, holes and lots of soft sand. Several times a year we will go to more technical riding in the mountains. Not much mud or stream crossings around Tucson.

We did have a problem with K's Ace yesterday. Voltage dropped, fan did not work, and it overheated. It is back at the dealer now, and they seem to be making it good.

Both Aces will be street-legal, so we can take them to the corner store, friends' house, taco stand, chiropractor, etc. I am really pleased that we found the little beasts.

Matt B

Old 09-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

That's always my hesitation about buying a first year product. The 330 was introduced with the ACE in the past year. Not sure, but I don't think it's been in any of their machines before.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Trailblazer

I tend to agree with you about first year products. I did buy a 2007 FJ Cruiser, but it is from the highest quality auto factory in the world. So far, no problems there.

It appears that the Ace problem is electrical. I will know more soon. My used one seems fine.

I realized last night that Kelly's Ace is the first new vehicle I have owned.

Matt B