Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Mega Mayhem Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mega Mayhem Review

Bought a 27" set for my Scrambler 1000. Great in the mud but they don't hold up at all trail riding. Only a few hundred miles on them and chunks of lugs breaking off all over on them.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:47 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tall Mud lugs on hard packed it not the greatest especially on a 1000 which is capable of spinning them when you hit the throttle on packed trails.

Is the chunks only coming off the rear tires and not the front?

I had big mud 1.19" lugs 26" Zillas on my 350 Grizzly and rode hard packed a lot without a issue but unlike your ATV it did not have the power to ever spin them on hard packed trails or roads.

Rolling over hard pack is easier on the tall lugs then spinning on hard pack I would think.

That's why I asked if its only the rears, since you would not be in AWD on packed trails it should be only the backs lugs taking the beating.

Old 11-20-2014, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

They were coming apart on fronts and rears. Never had that issue before with monster lug tires so I contacted ITP. Have to say their customer service is AWESOME! Sent pics of the problem and they also had me send the DOT #'s. Turns out they were part of a bad batch. They are sending me all brand new tires and picking up the old ones free of charge.

The new ones will go on craigslist. Decided to move up to either 30" since I already have tires off the rims.

Speaking of rims, I HIGHLY recommend the ITP dual beadlock rims. Not only are they great for keeping tires on and looking cool but tires removal/installation on them is a breeze. Did mine by hand using my hand bead bar. That along with not having to set beads is well worth it!

Old 11-21-2014, 07:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First I completely agree with great customer service from ITP. A few years ago 1 of my new tires was slightly oblong, called them, in a few days new tire at the door. Thats how you treat people.

I actually was looking at the Mega's last month. I decided on 28" Swamp Lites for my 550. Big mud lugs 1.5" but i just dont think they would be good for rocky trails. I'm mostly mud and loose dirt down here.

I really wish they would have never quit making the ITP 589's, 2800 miles on mine, no cracking or broken lugs, still plenty of meat. Whatever compound they used was amazing.

Is the scrambler as peppy as the 570?? I know they are very different in size, just curious in your experience riding the 2. I'm not sure if I'm going sportsman or scrambler next.

Thanks and good luck

Old 11-26-2014, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

Scrambler spanks the snot out of anything I've ever ridden-love this machine!

Just installed a Big Gun Exo dual exhaust and it sounds awesome!!!

Got my new 27's but selling them. Figured since I had them off the rims I'd upgrade to 30's. Got a killer deal on a brand new set of mega mayhems which will be here Friday :-)