Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Changing plow blade direction without getting up.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 03:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing plow blade direction without getting up.

Hey folks.

2003 Sportsman 500, with OEM plow blade.

The blade has three positions, left, center, right. As far as I can tell, you have to get off the machine, depress a locking lever, and move the blade by hand.

Has someone come up with a way to do this without getting off the machine?

I might try to figure out a way, using two levers and a few brackets, but I'd rather see if someones already done the R&D first

Old 01-12-2015, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Can't remember what forum it was on but a guy put an eye bolt through the top of the blade on each side. He then put a pulley somehow on the front of the quad going down to the lever that allows you to pivot the blade. His lever had a hole in it so he put threaded link through it and attached a rope. He said he made one piece to pull up the lever and one piece of rope to go from the left eye bolt on top of the blade, around his back and to the right eye bolt. So he pulls the lever rope first, and then whichever side he wants to pull the blade towards. Haven't tried it myself but it seems like it would work.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

You could rig up something like an old throttle cable to pull the locking lever up and then just push the end of the blade into the snow bank or something and have it pivot the direction you want and then release the lever.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oddly enough what worked for me was to put side deflectors on my blade. After that I basically kept the blade in the straight position and for my type of plowing, a large square driveway, I never needed to angle the blade from that point!

Old 05-18-2021, 08:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default I think this might be the one you are talking about https://youtu.be/IaPoLdykhJE

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Can't reer what forum it was on but a guy put an eye bolt through the top of the blade on each side. He then put a pulley somehow on the front of the quad going down to the lever that allows you to pivot the blade. His lever had a hole in it so he put threaded link through it and attached a rope. He said he made one piece to pull up the lever and one piece of rope to go from the left eye bolt on top of the blade, around his back and to the right eye bolt. So he pulls the lever rope first, and then whichever side he wants to pull the blade towards. Haven't tried it myself but it seems like it would work.

Old 05-20-2021, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

With some planning and experimenting I found I could just leave my blade on angle and never have to change it. The east side of my drive is lower than the west side so it benefits me to push all my snow to the east side. I start at one end and go back and forth longways on my 300 ft drive and just keep pushing the snow to one side. Never need to change the blade angle. Think about your plowing pattern, you might be able to do the same....