Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Electrical Problem 2007 700cc 2up

Old 02-16-2015, 04:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Problem 2007 700cc 2up

First off I am new and hello all.

I Have a 2007 700cc 2up. I can plow snow for 1-2 hours and then the machine will shut off. I mean all electrical/power is gone. If I let it sit for a few minutes the power comes back and can plow for 5-10 minutes and it dies again. Can this be an over heat issue????

Jim

Old 02-16-2015, 04:40 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

If hot light doesn't come on and fan kicks on and off ok before it cuts off,wouldn't think it's an over heating issue. Could be a fuel pump issue or even the fuse block or fuses. Fuse blocks on the 700/800 machines were bad about having wires pulling out or touching other wires sporadically causing problems.You can pull it up and check wiring. I'd check the fuel pump pressure to make sure it's holding 39 psi without any drop also. This may be the main problem.

Old 02-16-2015, 05:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

The fan kicks on and off but no hot light. I will check some wiring as you suggest, do not think it is the pump as the power to the whole atv cuts out. there is no power to anything and then bam everything works. I have replaced the battery, regulator and cleaned up the winch connections along the frame right hand side as the winch was acting up.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could it be that after a couple hours plowing the battery is pulled down too low for the efi and shuts it down , letting it set would allow the battery to recover enough to run again ? Maybe you need a second battery or take a break after a hour of plowing and put it on a charger for a while ?

Old 02-17-2015, 09:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Yooper265
Could it be that after a couple hours plowing the battery is pulled down too low for the efi and shuts it down , letting it set would allow the battery to recover enough to run again ? Maybe you need a second battery or take a break after a hour of plowing and put it on a charger for a while ?
That could be possible but it is not just the engine. The machine loses All power to everything. Turn the key and not even a click, dash is blank, no lights, no winch natta no power anywhere. Wait a few minutes and it fires up like it never happened.

Just like you took the battery cable off and then put it back on. The quad is at the lake so I might have to wait for spring or bring it home and go over it thoroughly.

Old 02-17-2015, 10:10 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

I'd still check this area out first as I've found plenty of machines with similar problems on dieing,then restarting. Just a bad location and design for the fuse block and wiring.

Attached Thumbnails Electrical Problem 2007 700cc 2up-2011-12-19_155331_sportsman_fuse.jpg   Electrical Problem 2007 700cc 2up-fuse-panel-resize.jpg  
Old 02-17-2015, 10:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
I'd still check this area out first as I've found plenty of machines with similar problems on dieing,then restarting. Just a bad location and design for the fuse block and wiring.
Thank you for the help sir, will be the first thing I check.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
I thank you sir and tip my cold beer to you. You were bang on with the fuse block. The quad was dead so went into the fuse compartment and gave the fuse block a wiggle and it came to life. Still cutting in and out so going to have to remove and check the wiring. Funny thing is I went to Polaris to buy a block in case it was done and to my surprise they do not show it as an available part to buy. Hopefully it is a loose wire only.

again thanks for the help!

Jim

Old 03-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Nope the fuse block just comes with a complete wiring harness which is really stupid.As much a problem as they were on the 700/800 they should be available or either redesign the block. What happens usually one of the pins can pull back out of the fuse block a little from vibration and cause erratic contact or wires can rub bare spots and touch other wires leading into the box. Hopefully you can fix it up.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ya if it is cooked I will replace with new fused connections which will be sealed.

Thanks again.

Jim

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electrical Problem 2007 700cc 2up