Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Need some help Trailblazer 250

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 10:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help Trailblazer 250

Hey I am having problems keeping my Trailblazer 250 running. The only way it will stay running is with the choke out. I cleaned the carburetor and everything put fresh gas in. I notice that the boot going from the engine to the carb is kind of cracked alittle but not sure if that would be causing the problem.

I am also wondering what are good settings i should have my carburetor set on? I was messing with the screws and I notice that nothing was really changing so i think i might have a air leak or something..

Old 02-27-2015, 12:42 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Best thing to do on a two stroke is a compression check and leak down test. Carb air screw normally sets around 1 1/2 -2 turns on this model. Then adjust idle screw to a good idle. Air leaks,low compression can keep you from doing this. Must have at least around 120 psi,plus on a leak down test,should hold around 7psi with no noticeable drop. While under pressure you can spray soapy water around the intake manifold,head and base gaskets. Crank seals are another common problem on leaking.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think I might buy a new carb boot because I think its cracked causing air to get in making it run lean not wonting to start. Because if I pull the choke out it will start witch would be richen the mixture.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:21 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

do a compression check. hard starting is also a sign of low compression.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Could I rent a compression tester from auto zone and use that? I know its for cars but will it work on the quad?

Old 02-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

A general compression tester at most auto stores is cheap and handy to have. Or you can rent the screw in type that may be a little more accurate with usually just a refundable deposit.They may have leak down testers for 2 strokes where you go? If not they're not cheap and this is about the cheapest one I've found for 75 bucks.Leakdown Test Kit - Accu-Products - A Division Of 202 Racing About 17 bucks for the compression tester. Plus for the time being you can try siliconing around the intake boot and see if this helps.Plus found an aftermarket manifold on ebay that's cheap compared to the 60 bucks for an oem intake manifold.Shows to fit your #3085013.http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Polaris-250-300-trail-boss-blazer-intake-carb-boot-3083412-3085013-flange-/351171455342?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51c373296e&vxp=mtr

Attached Thumbnails Need some help Trailblazer 250-4.jpg  
Old 02-28-2015, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

I got a auto zone and advance they rent tools out. I might get one and test it run a compression test. How many psi should I pump? And yah I seen those on ebay, I am thinking about ordering one because the outside of mines is cracked up. I think that might be the problem or I need to reclean the carb.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default new post help

hi im trying to make a new post about my timberwolf 250 but cant seem to find a spot to make a new post. if anyone can help that would be great. thanks.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:06 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

Originally Posted by Montrell Croff
I got a auto zone and advance they rent tools out. I might get one and test it run a compression test. How many psi should I pump? And yah I seen those on ebay, I am thinking about ordering one because the outside of mines is cracked up. I think that might be the problem or I need to reclean the carb.
you should have at least 120 psi. with the tested installed air tight, you should (with key off) crank over the engine for about 5 seconds with the throttle wide open for best results. engine should be cold(not have been run)

Old 02-28-2015, 04:09 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

Originally Posted by kamasutra8769
hi im trying to make a new post about my timberwolf 250 but cant seem to find a spot to make a new post. if anyone can help that would be great. thanks.

first off you should be posting in the Yamaha section with a timber wolf. if you look at the top of the page area you will see a button that says "new thread" by clicking that you can start a new thread so people can post to your questions. hope that helps you.

Quick Reply: Need some help Trailblazer 250