Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Giving Away High Lifter Edition RZR XP 1000

Old 03-21-2015, 02:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definately pricey but if you come out here, side X sides are everywhere. Supposedly our Polaris dealer is the #1 dealer in the country. New or used are selling fast this time of year. I sent 3 people there and they all bought the 1000 4 seater and by the time they were done with a few options and OTD, over $25k.
I might have a different outlook if I didn't have the option of driving down the road. It's like having an extra vehicle here. We have the option to get primarily off road plates for $4 a year and $25 for the off road decal. I can ride out my garage and into the desert and then stop for dinner. Legally we're supposed to be just going to the gas station or off road but the police don't bother anyone.
Here we are at lunch in Williams, AZ
Name:  20141015_141436_zps7d80df7f.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  91.3 KB

Old 03-21-2015, 03:11 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Now that's a horse of a different color in your situation. Even I wouldn't mind going to town like that. Plus with all that desert you've got,the only ones to complain are the lizards and snakes. Might be able to do that in West Texas,but no where around here.Have to have a caution triangle on the back to go to the gas station for farm equipment. Plus the cops in the small town I live in are just itching to give some one a ticket..

Old 03-21-2015, 11:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The small town where i live does allow side by sides to be driven within city limits if they are registered at city hall. I only have my Rancher and they still don't allow atvs the same priviledges. They're limited to 20 mph within city limits but its still cool to be able to drive to the local Casey's and pull up to the pump and fill up I suppose.

Old 03-22-2015, 06:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by greg74
The small town where i live does allow side by sides to be driven within city limits if they are registered at city hall. I only have my Rancher and they still don't allow atvs the same priviledges. They're limited to 20 mph within city limits but its still cool to be able to drive to the local Casey's and pull up to the pump and fill up I suppose.
Not sure what city you're in Illinois but I used to live in Mchenry on Chain o Lakes. There was no way I could ride my razr or atv on the road.
I even had my ATV's licensed in AZ. It's quite a privilege how leniant they are here.
I've even seen guys ride their razors down a 65 mph hwy but that's pushing it with the state police and non DOT approved tires.
But with all that said, I agree that $25k for a 2 seater mudder would be hard to justify. Sure would be a blast though.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:50 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I could get a nice used Jeep for that price with a 6 cylinder , windshield and wipers , heater, air conditioner and blue tooth and stereo.

And you drive it home not trailer it.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman650
Not sure what city you're in Illinois but I used to live in Mchenry on Chain o Lakes. There was no way I could ride my razr or atv on the road.
I even had my ATV's licensed in AZ. It's quite a privilege how leniant they are here.
I've even seen guys ride their razors down a 65 mph hwy but that's pushing it with the state police and non DOT approved tires.
But with all that said, I agree that $25k for a 2 seater mudder would be hard to justify. Sure would be a blast though.
I live in a small town here in southern illinois, there's only about 1200 people. I believe you're only allowed to ride them on side streets, not on the main highway that goes through town, only cross it. Many other small towns around here simply are just lenient and allow atvs and side by sides on side streets as there isn't that much traffic in many of them. Keep it at or below posted speed limits and don't be doing any wheelies or ripping through someone's yard and most of the time its ok. Depends on the local police, most are cool but some are not. Most of these are very small towns, anything above about 10,000 people and you can probably expect not to be able to do that.

Old 03-23-2015, 05:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC
I could get a nice used Jeep for that price with a 6 cylinder , windshield and wipers , heater, air conditioner and blue tooth and stereo.

And you drive it home not trailer it.

I don't trailer mine unless I go camping in the northwoods with my rv.
You're missing the fun of getting dirty and messing your hair up. Your jeep won't have the stability at 70 mph in the sand dunes or other trail riding. Yes you can rock crawl along at 5 mph and hope you don't break anything in your stock jeep or scratch it.
Kinda missing the point of the entire off road adventure.
I could also buy a nice used corvette for that price but then again the speed limit is only 55 mph.
I could also buy a nice used rv that has a stove and toilet.
I could buy a nice used bass boat but I don't like to fish

Old 03-23-2015, 07:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

AND I have bluetooth in my razr.