Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The gas in my Trailboss 330 went bad?

Old 06-26-2015, 12:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The gas in my Trailboss 330 went bad?

Hey guys, its my first post here. Id be really appreciative if you could help with this problem.

So its a Trailboss 330 2006, I lived in a very rural area in PA with lots of land until moving 2 years after getting it. The new place is a development with no land almost, so it sat a few years with a half loaded gas tank...

My dad doesn't have much time to look at it and he doesn't want take it to the local Polaris repair shop to save money.

Im aware that everything the gas came in contact with has to be removed and cleaned out. But what parts is that, how should they be cleaned, and what would have to be reordered new?

Thanks a lot

Old 06-26-2015, 12:56 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

You could try running some seafoam through it and see if that opens it up any.

I think you may be able to get a carb kit for this on ebay, OPT would know if they make one for that model or not.

If it's ethanol gas, I'd check all the fuel lines too. For no more than fuel lines cost, replacing them while you have the carb out is just a good insurance policy.

A good service manual with some patience and this would be something you'd be able to fix yourself without needing to take it to a dealer.

Old 06-26-2015, 01:37 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

welcome to the forum. drain the gas tank and carb and clean the carb. it should be a good start. run marine stabilizer or something as good in the gas when it's going to sit for any length of time as gas shelf life isn't very good with ethnol in it. it starts going bad in like 2 weeks. imo

Old 06-26-2015, 03:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey everyone,

A great product specifically for fuel system cleaning is Chevron Techron. That product is made for that purpose and does a fantastic job.

Be wary of any additive that makes a laundry list of claims. Generally speaking, the more claims an additive makes, the less likely it is to perform any one of them real well.

Moving forward, a high quality fuel stabilizer/ethanol treatment will help prevent what you experienced. We would be happy to get some samples of our STA-BILŽ 360° Powersports out to anyone who would like to try it. It is a good fuel system cleaner, has water handling capabilities, will stabilize the fuel and also prevents rust & corrosion - both above and below the fuel line. No other additive on the market today uses the Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor technology that our product does.

All we ask in return is you post a comment in this thread about your experience with the product. Shoot us a PM with your shipping info and we'll make sure to get those out.

Have a great weekend!!

Old 06-26-2015, 03:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default I forgot to mention

I forgot to mention that we tried to fix it a few years ago.

The spark plug and 2 jets in the carb was replaced. We also cleaned out the gas tank (idk what method) and the carb which all smelled like foul nail polish and was crusted/gunked on green.

It actually started up when we put it back together (before it did not). But like I said it wouldnt rev

I guess somthing wasnt cleaned out enough and gunk/crust was still somewhere in the gas system

Old 06-27-2015, 03:14 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Just install a new carb kit and keep the fuel treated as mentioned then you wont have to go through this trouble again. Gas we get now days is crappy to say the least.http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARB-REBUILD-REPAIR-KIT-POLARIS-TRAILBOSS-330-2X4-2003-2004-2005-2006-2007-2WD-/270462316796?hash=item3ef8cf70fc&vxp=mtr

Old 07-04-2015, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer

Interesting story i just pumped almost a full tank of gas 15 years old out of a 1992 corvette with 4k miles on it.Anyway its sunoco 94 treated with a double does of stabil 15 years ago.Anyway long story short the gas looked and didnt smell bad at all.Would i put it in my car NO.But a guy at work had me pump it into his 1990 chevy TBI truck.He said it ran great on the stuff.Mind you i do this sort of stuff all the time.Last corvette had 7 year old gas with no stabil and it was junk.Amazeing i never thought it would be good past 2 years with stabil in it

Old 07-31-2015, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

well ive only used 1 bottle so far of the 360 and it seems to work well...quad used to take 2-3 pushes of the start button now i just tap the start button 1 time and she purrs...not sure if its just the weather or the product but im gonna say its the product thanks stabil! very generous package i might add!!

Old 08-07-2015, 09:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1ArmBandit
well ive only used 1 bottle so far of the 360 and it seems to work well...quad used to take 2-3 pushes of the start button now i just tap the start button 1 time and she purrs...not sure if its just the weather or the product but im gonna say its the product thanks stabil! very generous package i might add!!
Sorry for the delay in response. Thank you very much for taking the time to try our product and for leaving a review! We are happy you were pleased with the results. If you have any questions in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Have a great weekend!!

Old 08-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have to agree I too like the product and seem to have had good luck with it. thanks so much. I give their products a big

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The gas in my Trailboss 330 went bad?