Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Coolant pouring out of weep hole

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 06:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant pouring out of weep hole

Hey OPT. As you know I rebuilt the engine on my 02 sportsman 700. was still getting coolant in the oil. So I had a Polaris dealer press in a new WP seal and oil seal. Put the cover back on with new gaskets put it all back together now I have a stream of coolant pissing out of the weep hole. Very frustrated. Is it possible to just plug the weephole and be done with it.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:30 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Coryco
Hey OPT. As you know I rebuilt the engine on my 02 sportsman 700. was still getting coolant in the oil. So I had a Polaris dealer press in a new WP seal and oil seal. Put the cover back on with new gaskets put it all back together now I have a stream of coolant pissing out of the weep hole. Very frustrated. Is it possible to just plug the weephole and be done with it.
Not really as the coolant is under pressure. All it will do is put pressure on the oil seal,plus if leaking past the water pump impeller and cavity,coolant flow will be leak and all it will do is run hot and possibly damage the engine. Sounds like if a dealer installed the new w/p seal and it's leaking,I'd take it right back to him and have him stand behind his work..