Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

It's battery time.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's battery time.

Well, after 44 months (New May 2012) it's time for a new battery. I've put it on a tender after each ride, or weekly.

Gonna check out the local Car Quest, they have ADM powersports batteries. Not a fan of wet cells, so either SLA or AGM.

Old 01-24-2016, 12:54 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

You wouldn't consider the original supplier on your atv, Yuasa? Good batteries. 4 years isn't too bad,but cold weather can zap them along with extreme heat on any battery.https://www.elvessupply.com/Yuasa-Ba...FRApaQodYewCQg

Old 01-24-2016, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
You wouldn't consider the original supplier on your atv, Yuasa? Good batteries. 4 years isn't too bad,but cold weather can zap them along with extreme heat on any battery.https://www.elvessupply.com/Yuasa-Ba...FRApaQodYewCQg
No, not fan of wet cells. it was good, but SLA last just as long. AGM is only a few dollars more than the wet cell prices, so gonna go that route.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AGM's are nice. Batteries Plus has always been a good source for me.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:08 AM
Pro Rider

I put an Odyssey battery in mine 5 or 6 yrs. ago and am very happy with it..I also use a tender..

John

Old 01-29-2016, 12:42 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
I,m with you.

I bought a OEM Polaris Yuasa for $75 Canadian off my dealer and it lasted 5 years. I did not even take it out or use a battery tender during winter storage. I just pull started the ATV in the spring and in 15 minutes the battery was good for the season.

The only disadvantage of wet cell is they will leak out of the over flow tube if you put the ATV on its side. Just keep the rubber side down.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The only thing I hate about buying many things online is that if it is defective, then you have to ship it back and wait for a replacement. I did buy a new battery for my Rancher online as it was a lot cheaper though, $42 with free shipping as opposed to $70 for the oem which was identical except for an added sticker from the seller. I think Honda batteries are Yuasa as well. My Grizzly has a pretty new battery, or at least that's what the seller said and I've only had it since last July so it should be good for at least 2-3 more years.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

Ended up getting one from Canadian Tire. Installed it through the week, went for a 25km/16 mile ride today. Put it on the tender & a minute later it was charged.

I agree on not buying online, I support my local owned businesses.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:38 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by WilliamBos

I agree on not buying online, I support my local owned businesses.
Totally agree on buying some things local. Batteries,shoes,clothes for example. Shoes I can tell right in the store,batteries if I every have a problem,can take it right back to the store. A pain in the neck in returning some things if you bought them online if faulty,wrong item,etc.Plus some places could be selling what I called "seconds" or already returned or refurbished items and may not list that fact even though they're supposed to.Hard to trust anyone now.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

Howdy all....Try to buy local is always the best option for me, I like eye to eye. Then again, I 've bought most of my accessories for my quads thru the internet...., oh well. WilliamBos, what brand and model battery did you end up with..? I stayed with Yuasa when I needed a new battery for my ex '07 X2. The first one lasted a little over 6 years and I do use the Battery Tender.

Quick Reply: It's battery time.