Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New battery location on 570

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 04:10 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by switzomatic
Never had any battery issues on my wife's 570. Much easier to remove/install with the tire off.
I'd just like to know WHY? What is the reason for putting the battery in this new location?

R'

Old 04-29-2016, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by RticKwad
I'd just like to know WHY? What is the reason for putting the battery in Why not put it there? It's new location?

R'
Nothing wrong with putting it there. Its closer to the ECM, bus bar, EPS motor and winch, putting it elsewhere does not make sense.

It's better than the left rear wheel well like mine.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Please don't get me wrong guys I am loving my new Polaris experience and a few more weeks will have a ATV Park fun day riding. I guess as a former Sportsman owner (several) all the batteries were convenient my located for easy access under the seat. Now I need to take a tire off to get to it? Lol..lol...Ohh well, I think once on a tender I'll leave attached and just unplug from other end when needed. I wonder if I can find some kind of marine tender wiring maybe keep attached like a quick disconnect reachable elsewhere for all intents and purposes? Good thread!

Thanks all,

R'

Old 05-01-2016, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I am not sure why your battery runs down frequently, on my atv and side x side they sit for a month even in cold winter and still start with a good battery. However your battery tender idea is a good one but do be sure you use loops to attach to your posts and not quick clips as these would certainly come disconnected. You could easily wrap the extra cord around a frame section with just the plug exposed to connect to a charge cord. I guess we normally access our batteries only on occasion so removal of a wheel is not a big deal. Heck on my SxS I have 6 bolts to remove to get the battery cover off. Go figure???

Old 05-02-2016, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Well the 570 battery is new to me. Gee I hope it doesn't loose its charge frequently but for me the bike will sit nor then being ridden shame to say. I knew that going into the deal but until my living arrangement changes I will just have to hope for occassional rides in the year when not hunting.

R'

Old 05-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Well the 570 battery is new to me. Gee I hope it doesn't loose its charge frequently but for me the bike will sit nor then being ridden shame to say. I knew that going into the deal but until my living arrangement changes I will just have to hope for occassional rides in the year when not hunting.

R'
Boy that has to suck....I am fortunate to live in the country so I can ride whenever, but if I go a few days without riding even a short trip around my property I feel lost. Can't imagine waiting for months to go ride my toy.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yup it's brutal!

Old 05-03-2016, 10:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

is there any issues if the battery is submerged in water? Being as it is so low it seems like it would get fully submerged from time to time.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:09 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my battery submerged on a couple of other quads that had the battery under the rear fender and it didn't hurt them but I never left it underwater very long. I've been waiting to hear if anyone has a problem with the new location.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

That's what I was think JF, because it's not well protected, sticks, mud, water, snow etc. For the life of me I can't figure out why? Is it because of the weight? To better center it's gravity?

Thanks,

R'

Quick Reply: New battery location on 570