Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2007 sportsman 500 efi codes

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 01:02 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Code 41 has to do with air temp sensor and obviously it's damaged.Replacing it may clear the other codes. Partzilla has them for 70 bucks,but I'd be setting traps,sticky bait traps,whatever it takes to catch that little sucker if it happened at your place. If it happened at the previous owners place then all you can do is cuss a little and replace it..

Old 10-15-2016, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks OPT,

No mice here where I am but this machine came from a big farm. The farmer bought a side by side so this one sat since the early part of last year. Mice got in by the clutch and that got froze up and there was a nest in the air box. They pulled the nests out before I bought it, but it still had the clutch issue and the check engine problem. I took the air box out today and cleaned it up along with a new filter and pre filter. Cleaned out the throttle body also. Next up is a spark plug, grease job, oil and filter and fluid change in the diffs and transmission. I am also leaning towards pulling the fuel sending unit to replace the float so the gas gauge works too. Kids wanna keep this one but farm four wheelers around here have a tendency to be a little dinged up even if they are maintained so I might sell it to someone looking to use it hunting or ice fishing. That and we also do drive on our share of pavement so I don't want to rattle my teeth with those knobby tires lol. It has a lot going for it with the factory brush gaurd and winch along with the aggressive tires so selling it won't be to much of a hassle. I will find a sensor and see where it takes me.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 10-21-2016, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got the sensor today and I put it in and all 3 codes disappeared. Found a sensor online that came off of a 2015 sportsman so it is only a year old and in good shape.

Next step is to turn the service interval light off and work on the fuel gauge blinking. I ordered a float through DJS and it should be in by next Monday so we will see if that is the problem. Kinda glad everything so far has been very cheap to fix but these efi models look like they could get spendy pretty quick so I might go back to working on those old carb models, lol.

Mike

Old 10-22-2016, 06:21 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Funny how one sensor problem can trigger bogus codes for other areas,had that happen also. Glad it fixed the problem and hope the new float solves the fuel level on the speedo cluster. You've been pretty lucky so far,could have been worse..