Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman X2 rear work lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman X2 rear work lights

Has anyone ever made the optional work lights functional on the 05 to 08 X2's? I know they have the plugs in the lights but have no bulbs installed in them and supposedly they are suppose to have a plug in the headlight pod already wired for a switch. Is it just a matter of putting an automotive style switch in and bulbs and they become functional or is there a fuse that needs to be put in? And is it possible to tie it into the transmission to make them work as reverse lights? The 2007 X2 I just got has these lights and I would like to make them operational.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 10-19-2016, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wiring for the switch is usually in the left side of the pod and the pigtails for the bulbs are wrapped on the rear frame. Can use an aftermarket switch or Polaris does have a switch kit. Others have wired it in to the reverse light wiring which is by the shift linkage.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks switzomatic,

I see there is a black plug taped to the main harness in the pod. I have a bunch of new three spade lighted switches so I think I should be able to make it work. Just have to find a schematic to see which spade does what. The plugs were already in the lights but just didn't have bulbs. Should be easy enough to find an automotive bulb to fit the plug.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 10-20-2016, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any auto parts store should be able to look up the bulb. Polaris part number is 4011065 BULB-WORKLIGHT,13 WATT | [AQ]. Should be able to cross reference.