Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Oil

Old 10-19-2016, 09:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Oil

Hi, I want to keep some spare oil in my quad incase I run low. I have some of this on hand. Is it OK to top up with this? Also, the nearest polaris dealer is 60 miles away is it possible to switch to the amsoil (or other synthetic) So I don't need to keep going there?

Old 10-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO Amsoil is just fine and 0W-40 is good for a wide range of temperatures.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:11 PM
Trailblazer

You can also just buy it on Amazon. Delivered right to you. Oil is the one thing, well and belts, that I wouldn't mess around and change brands. If it likes the Polaris oil stick with it.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:23 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

There's an endless supply of oils to chose from. From dedicated factory oil to dozens of brands of oils. Even diesel oils such as Rotella T6 5w40 is ok in most Polaris machines because of no friction modifiers and Jaso rated same as the expensive atv and cyle oils.Plus with most of the Polaris machines having a cvt clutch system,there is an even more good selection of oils that you can use.https://www.google.com/search?q=atv+...yjBDIQ_AUICCgD

Old 12-20-2016, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the Rotella Triple T 15w40 is everything I own (including my Yamaha Vmax 1200 street bike)...it is a "diesel' variant in that it contains higher levels of zinc then most regular blends. The added zinc turns into a protective glass film under heat & pressure...basically it's a last defense for viscosity break-down. There are few negatives to the zinc content in these oils and often help stave off aluminum oxidation.

The T6 mentioned above is the more expensive synthetic version...both are excellent...

I tend to change my oil often so the "dino" stuff works for me...much cheaper to change oil than to rebuild motors...

Old 12-20-2016, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

Send a sample to Blackstone Labs. I was surprised that my Arctics does even better with Rosella than ATV oil or Mobil 1. First test was dedicated ATV oil, 2nd one was Mobil 1 Euro Formula, most recent one was Rosella T6. This model cat has the transmission share the same oil with the motor. Also use a K&N air filter.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
01 AC 500M-111616.pdf (18.7 KB, 46 views)
Old 12-20-2016, 07:46 PM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by hydrex
Send a sample to Blackstone Labs. I was surprised that my Arctics does even better with Rosella than ATV oil or Mobil 1. First test was dedicated ATV oil, 2nd one was Mobil 1 Euro Formula, most recent one was Rosella T6. This model cat has the transmission share the same oil with the motor. Also use a K&N air filter.
Your oil has less lead and copper in it than my drinking water. I'm not sure about any of the other elements.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:32 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Your oil has less lead and copper in it than my drinking water. I'm not sure about any of the other elements.
Do you live near Flint? If so I'd even be taking baths in bottled water.

Old 12-21-2016, 12:28 PM
Moto Psycho

Yeah OPT I live right in the city. I drank enough polluted water that I have lead in my blood now. The water never looked cloudy or had any taste other than chlorine sometimes. I didn't know there was anything wrong with it. It would be interesting to have an in depth check like they did on Hydrex's oil.

Old 12-21-2016, 12:43 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Yeah OPT I live right in the city. I drank enough polluted water that I have lead in my blood now. The water never looked cloudy or had any taste other than chlorine sometimes. I didn't know there was anything wrong with it. It would be interesting to have an in depth check like they did on Hydrex's oil.
I'd at least have a good blood work panel done and any other tests required and bill em to Flint.. Negligence on the city officials from what I've read on this knowing about problems before they were released to the public.