Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Rear Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Brakes

I am getting the 2002 Trailblazer I bought ready to put away for the winter and the last thing I want to do to it is get the rear brake to work by using the pedal on the right foot well. I can use the brake lever on the handlebar and it does make the brake caliper work, but the pedal has no resistance what so ever. I noticed two breeders on the caliper, I assume one for each cylinder. I was told the rear brake pedal rarely works on these set ups but I kinda like to have it work if it's there. Will attempting to bleed the cylinder that is operated by the pedal help or is there other issues with these set ups? It has plenty of fluid in its reservoir and it's not leaking. I would guess you bleed it much like you do a car brake system, just have to choose the right bleeder.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 11-28-2016, 11:28 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

They didn't work because people dind't hardly ever use the emergency or assist brake as it's called. Seals would dry out in the small master cylinder and just suck air. You can try bleeding with a mityvac while you push the pedal up and down,but if it doesn't help,cheap knock offs are available on ebay for 25 bucks. New Rear Brake Master Cylinder For 2001-2006 Polaris Trail Blazer 250 400 | eBay Plus rear master cylinder seal kits are out there for about the same price if you want to keep the oem master cylinder.POLARIS TRAILBLAZER REAR BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER SEAL REPAIR KIT OS145 | eBay