Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Can Someone Decode My Scrambler Vin

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 07:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can Someone Decode My Scrambler Vin

4XABA50A912462906
i got the off the frame rail left side just bought a scrambler no title was told it is and 2001 just want to know if someone can decode the vin for me

Old 02-25-2017, 07:22 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Polaris removed their decoder possibly for security reason. Same for few other decoders I saw. 10th digit is the year model,which in your case it is a 2001 model.The "BA50A" indicates it's a 500 engine. Rest of the info is broken down in this chart.

Attached Thumbnails Can Someone Decode My Scrambler Vin-ntsb-vin-chart.jpg  
Old 02-25-2017, 07:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks man and one quick question i bought this one and the guy something is wrong with the engine got it real cheap pull start is off the engine and is it normal to be able to turn the engine over with my had by turing the gear can feel some compression but doesnt feel like much

Old 02-25-2017, 08:02 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Old 02-25-2017, 10:01 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's another VIN decoder that gives you some information on what it all means. The main thing most people want is the model year which is the 10th digit like OPT said. The link at the botom of the page leads to a VIN check page. ATV Vin Number : Check and Decode Your VIN

Old 02-26-2017, 04:11 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Here's another VIN decoder that gives you some information on what it all means. The main thing most people want is the model year which is the 10th digit like OPT said. The link at the botom of the page leads to a VIN check page. ATV Vin Number : Check and Decode Your VIN
That's one of the decoders that didn't give much info or really none at all. The dealers vin# check can give you the complete history. Date of manufacture,date of first sale, original owner info,plus any warranty claims done and those that haven't been completed if any. They can't turn something like that loose for public access.

Old 02-26-2017, 02:16 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I found a Polaris site that's supposed to decode the VIN if you enter your name and ZIP code but it looks like it's for snowmobiles only. I've seen several other VIN decoders that don't tell you much beside the country and the year. At the link I posted the decoder doesn't seem to work right but at least it tells you what each digit means. Most of the other decoders I've seen don't even give you that much information.