Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris 570 ute awd function

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 12:55 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by switzomatic
AWD should work flawlessly when engaged. Never had an issue with it and I've owned about a dozen different ones from 02 and up to my 16 Highlifter. I can see their argument to a point on the downhill issues (never cared for ADC) but they are dead wrong on it spinning only the rears going uphill. Either an electrical issue with activating the AWD or something isn't right in the front differential.
Agreed. If its in 4WD and spinning only the rear wheels something is definitely wrong. The rear wheels should only slip a fraction of a rotation and not spin before the front end locks in.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for your input. I found a YouTube video ( Yamaha grizzly 700 Polaris 850 comparison ) at 5:15 of the 9:23 video it shows what is happening to us. It seems the dealer has wiped his hands clean of us and maintains the bike is functioning correctly. The video is 8yo so I can't see the ADC update happening soon. I think coming up the driveway that the wheels slip to the limit of awd and it hesitates to engaged and I do agree that in the rough awd is working.
My wife who use to ride our old kingquad 450 more than me doesn't want to ride the 570 ute and I feel concerned about her safety.
ADC is like applying front brake as hard as you can, touch the acceleration and free wheel, in awd the rear wheels slide before you get a chance to apply any brakes so your out of control soon as you back of the accelerator.
The bike looks so useful, awesome specs but is apsolutly useless on the farm!

We have decided to trade it in after 5 hours of use on a grizzly 700, excepting the fact that we are taking a huge financial hit, upset and disappointed there is no point in having a bike that is no fun to ride and dangerous.