You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!
Sorry, looks like I hosed the other thread.
Anyhow, here is the answer:
Right from the Polaris Manual (mine is a '98 manual): QUOTE
1. Slide boot off throttle cable adjuster and jam nut at throttle block.
2. Place shift selector in neutral and set parking brake.
3. Start engine and set idle to. [/ul] End QUOTE
I didn't write this, I'm just copying what the book says!
QUOTE NOTE: Be sure the engine is at operating tempeature.
See Idle Speed Adjustment.
4. Loosen lock nut.
5. Turn cable adjuster out until engine RPM starts to increase.
6. Turn cable adjuster back in until throttle lever has 1/16" (.16cm) of travel before engine RPM increases. Be sure ETC switch plunger is held inward by throttle cable tension.
7. Tighten lock nut securly and slide boot completely in place to ensure a water-tight seal.[/ul]
NOTE: On 2-stroke models, whenever throttle cable adjustments are made, always check oil pump adjustment.
Refer to pages 2.19 - 2.20 for adjustment procedure.
8. Turn handlebars from left to right through the entire turning range. If idle speed increases, the throttle cable freeplay must be increased, or check for proper cable routing. [/ul] End QUOTE