Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Direct Hit Ignition System 4 my 325

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2001, 07:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone installed a Direct Hit Ignition system on their Trail Boss 325 (or quad with same engine)? Was it worth the $? What improvements did you notice?

Old 10-17-2001, 10:24 AM
Trailblazer

the direct hits high power spark amplifier kit WILL work on any engines/motors you can think of,it simply boost your ignition spark system by 500x so more power and quicker response.
it give the hard ignition discharge of a better ignition system just by adding a spark amplifier on your spark plug,
complete satisfaction or money back guarantee.

Old 10-17-2001, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

Theres just too little detail/technical description for me! As it stands, it looks like somethin JC Whitney would have in their catalog along with the "tornado" air swirler gizmos.

Sorry for being so skeptical...

Old 10-17-2001, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

LOL, the "TORNADO"

Would it hurt my credibility in this forum if I were to admit I bought one? I did promptly return it after receiving it.

Old 10-17-2001, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

What about the guy at the car shows selling the spark amplifiers for $19.95 or whatever where he pulls wires WITH it installed and engine keeps running, but runs like crap w/o etc etc.

That's what this reminds me of.

Slick 50, Duralube, Fitch fuel catalyst, K&N filters, healing magnets, KM (Matol) and the snake oil salesmen from the old west. Birds of a feather...

You know, those tornados were good dirt traps! You see, they get oiled from the K&N and the dirt that passes through the filter (like a SIEVE) would "tack" on the metal.

Old 10-18-2001, 12:56 AM
Trailblazer

Whoa whoa whoooooooaaaaaaa, Dieselpro, the K/N is LEGIT. No it wont make cars or ATVs do wheelies, but it does improve airflow. Which in turn improves power. Air makes power. Just the filter alone can improve, but in some cases the air delivery system is so suffocating, until its improved, nothing will help it.This is NOT a personal attack Dieselpro. Im skeptical of the Direct Hit system, its so simple, but if it works what a deal. MSD,Accel, Mallory look out!
PD

Old 10-18-2001, 02:46 AM
Range Rover

I have a Direct Hits kit on the way. I'll post my findings. For $31.50; it's a deal. I'll second the K&N promo. I run one on the Dodge as well.

Old 10-18-2001, 12:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Install a K&N along w/ a helix/throttle body spacer, and you too can scramble the eggs in the shells. Another avenue is the new line of Holley mesh gauze filters. They claim better flow due to more accurate application of the rubber sealing material.

KT

Old 10-18-2001, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

Is this Direct Hit Ignition sytem a remamed and repackaged 'roost boost'? I had one many years ago, and it was supposed to boost the ignition giving better performance. I didn't notice any difference however.

Old 10-18-2001, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

In time you will all learn that the marketing hype behind the K&N is pure BS. YES it does flow air, but at the expense of filtration.

I'm told Cummins has recently invoked a special warranty policy stating engine failure warranties are to be denied if using a K&N filter. Ive seen no written proof of this.

I'm NOT trying to BS anybody here. Simply put, if you were to put a secondary filter on or smear some dielectric grease inside the filter, you WILL see a large amount of grit accumulate.

I burned my K&N filters...

Quick Reply: Direct Hit Ignition System 4 my 325