Polls Post your Polls here

Whats your dream quad?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

renegade 100 xxc, looney tunes dual slip ons, quad shop customs 6 inch lift dalton clutch kit, 2.5 rake, 32 inch outlaw 2s, dyno jet programmer with auto tune. This would be a mud machine and i will own one shortly

Old 04-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

why the slip on its a fantasy world put the whole exhaust system on

Old 04-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

my dream quad for a sport atv would have to be a 2013 ltr 450 my dream quad for a utility quad would have to be a 2013 can am outlander x mr 1000 my life would be complete with those two quads! but i guess a brand new cummins, and a iqr race sled would make it more complete.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:14 AM
Trailblazer

One of these days a company will get it right and put together the best strengths of the different brands all into one quad...at least that is my hope (although I likely wouldnt want to see the price!)

Old 06-22-2013, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

Ultimate ATV for me would be a rincon 680 with the rubicon transmission

Old 06-22-2013, 06:53 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Cool

Since I own a rubicon, I'd have to agree with your transmission choice. It has a lot to offer for those that need to do a lot of work around the farm etc. I used my to drag logs, pull trailers, plow snow etc. As one magazine article stated lately, this is the machine that forced all the others to perfect the belt drives on their machines. However the Rubicon's greatest features also become it's greatest weakness in other circumstances. My Grizzly with it's independent rear suspension is way more comfortable on the trail. And it has a little more power. Currently I am considering a New Can-am 1000 XT. It has a tone more power. That doesn't mean I'll get rid of the Rubicon though. It has a very distinct purpose and as a result it will stay. If anything, it may replace my Grizzly as my every day trail machine, but I will keep it and let friends and family enjoy it when they visit. As for those moments when I get the urge, (And they are fewer and farther between these days) I will spend a little time on my Raptor 700. A few years old now, but it still gets the heart pumping. And for a bypass patient, that isn't always a good thing. So my son usually gets the nod on that one. Anyway, the point I wanted to make is that there isn't a perfect machine out there. I am lucky that I can afford a machine for a specific purpose. That isn't always an option for most people. So compromise is the key. I believe the perfect machine under those parameters will still be a utility machine, as it offers the greatest amount of flexibility in purpose. Now I know those that ride sport machines will howl, but the reality is that utilities outsell sport machines 3 to 1, and that is what most people get the most use out of. Lastly, although I am stepping up to a big bore becauseI need more power to pull heavy loads, I do not exactly buy into the "Got to have the biggest engine" mentality. I have gotten many years out of my 500 CC machine, and have never found the need for more power. I guess the call of the wild still can be heard once in a while after all.... My other option is a new side by side, which will probably be a way better choice for me now.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

I agree a 500 is all that is needed but it is fun to have he power of the big bores when the time calls for it. I have a Outty 650 and it will scare you when you hit the throttle so i couldnt imagine how the 1000 would feel but anyway I'd love to see Honda make the rubicon IRS and fuel injected.I'd also like to see em give it a power boost to 550 to stay competitive with the grizzly. It's a realistic hope but they don't seem to like change over at Honda too much so we will see

Old 06-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

I agree change is slow to happen at Honda. But the reality is there is the Rincon if you want something a little more sporty. the Rubicon fills a niche that no other machine in their line fills. It is first and foremost the workhorse of the Honda line. On the other side of the coin, they have come out with a pretty slick and different 4 seater side by side this year.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:19 AM
Dune Rider
Which one of you is Pink?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2strokezilla
my dream quad was a suzuki quadzilla now that I have one I dream of winning the lotto haha

I ride my dream quad for FUN

Old 06-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Former Sponsor

i pretty much have a "dream quad"
ltr450 with elka, hiper (mx setup) leager, asv, houser, pro taper, quad tech, yoshimura, pro design, lonetar, tag, streamline, dwt (beadlock wheels/sand setup)
lets just say its loaded with great parts

Quick Reply: Whats your dream quad?