Polls Post your Polls here
View Poll Results: Have you ever injured yourself while riding an ATV?
Yes
61.45%
No
38.55%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Have you ever injured yourself while riding an ATV?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM
Got hit by a Dumb @ss in a Sand Rail. Knocked me out for over 45 minutes, cracked my sternum and screwed up my shoulder not to mention my Quad.

dang you cry when you woke up and seen your quad? i would have hopefully he's got insurance to pay for your quad

Old 06-15-2009, 08:19 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

They paid for it, but it took 3 years to settle.

It was a Tour Guide service. They came straight over a hill (Flat on top) and came down towards me. I saw them and came to a stop. The Rail had No Brakes and hit me doing 35+ MPH. I bounced off the rollcage, did a complete flip in the air and landed facing up hill (Thank God for sand). The rail continued down the hill with my quad until the quad turned sideways and the rail ended up on top of it.

It took 3 years, because their Insurance decided that I was 50% to blame because I was there. All I wanted was for them to buy me a new quad (Mine had 101 miles on it) and they could keep the damaged one. About a $7000 pricetag. After 3 years and them spending probably $20,000 in lawyers fees, they paid me around $14,000 and I got to keep the quad.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

Holy crap man glad your ok.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah that sucks for sure....my worst nightmare at the dunes! We don't fare well against sandrails! When they wanted to drag it out and fight I'd be tempted to get a good attorney and sue this sh** out of them! Just being at the dunes doesn't mean your looking to get hit by someone who is negligent and unsafe. Glad you got some sort of settlement as a broken sternum is painful, especially when you laugh (or cough) LOL!

Old 06-16-2009, 03:22 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

a broken sternum is painful, especially when you laugh (or cough) LOL!
Add Sneeze to that list....... Ouch!

The only good thing about the whole incident is that I had just jumped on to the KQ. If I had been running up the hill on my KFX, I would have been going fast enough that I wouldn't have been able to stop and it would have been a much worse impact.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

Rolled my brute, flew off the side and landed on my shoulder like a 350lb javelin, tore my rotator cuff

Old 06-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Range Rover

I rolled over attempting to go up a steep hill about 10 ft. high. My quad landed on top of me, I couldnt move for about 5 minutes because of the pain in my ribs. It was by far the most pain I ever remember feeling in my life. Then after laying there a while I got up and realized both of my wrists were in alot of pain. My right wrist was fractured and I had to were a splint for a few weeks, my left wrist which at first hurt just as bad as the right one turned out okay. My ribs hurt when I was laying in bed at night for a couple weeks but I didnt tell the doctor about that so I dont know what was wrong, I guess they were bruised.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by RPM
They paid for it, but it took 3 years to settle.

It was a Tour Guide service. They came straight over a hill (Flat on top) and came down towards me. I saw them and came to a stop. The Rail had No Brakes and hit me doing 35+ MPH. I bounced off the rollcage, did a complete flip in the air and landed facing up hill (Thank God for sand). The rail continued down the hill with my quad until the quad turned sideways and the rail ended up on top of it.

It took 3 years, because their Insurance decided that I was 50% to blame because I was there. All I wanted was for them to buy me a new quad (Mine had 101 miles on it) and they could keep the damaged one. About a $7000 pricetag. After 3 years and them spending probably $20,000 in lawyers fees, they paid me around $14,000 and I got to keep the quad.
WOW, well at least you got more money than you asked for, and was able to get SOME parts off the wrecked quad. I have supprisingly never had an injury, yes I've gotten skinned knuckles while working on it, but not riding.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Trailblazer

Hmm, surprisingly...no! Now that I think of it, seems like I should have but never did.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Range Rover

Sprained ankle and road rash from the old 3 wheeler. Hope to NEVER get hurt on the 700+ pound Sportsman.

Quick Reply: Have you ever injured yourself while riding an ATV?