Polls Post your Polls here
View Poll Results: Have you ever injured yourself while riding an ATV?
Yes
61.45%
No
38.55%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Have you ever injured yourself while riding an ATV?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Broke my collar bone on my 1987 Honda 250r back in 1988. That 3 wheeler was one sick, fast machine for a 17 year old...lol. Heck even now..

Old 09-23-2009, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

I bottomed out on the YFZ (track days), hit the handlebars, KO'd, landed on my arm and fractured it!

Old 09-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Another story... I went to the dunes minding my own business on the YFZ, when all of a sudden I see a TRX450R in the air headed towards me, he landed on my handle bars, had he jumped farther or had i been going faster he would have landed on me! Someone still wanted me in this world I guess.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:20 PM
No Ruts, No Glory

yes, have had a few injuries from racing and riding ATVs (and dirtbikes) for over 35 years. None were life-threatening, but a couple could have been fatal had I not had a helmet on.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:23 AM
Range Rover

My name Is Curtis aka Big C quadguy, I'm from Ontario Ca. I ride a 2000 ds725 all rimmed up, and trans completely rebuilt from the floor up with lots of mods. I only need to; stretch my a-arms, and my swingarms then powdercoat it all and then I'm done.

Two years ago I went to Lake Elmerage with a good friend of mine, and as I was going through the whoops I come up to a water table nothing diffrent then what I have been doing for a few years now. Well to make a long story short my right grip slipped off right at the water table, and right when I got up closer to the water table edge closes towards me, it happend the right grip slipped all the way off. I slipped downward on to my ds650 fuel tank and cap, and cracked to center ribs in the centr of my chest, and ripped my larnex around my throat where I had subQ air flowing around my swolling neck. I loaded my bike up by myself, and came down from the high desert by myself. This is what happen when you go ride with a friend, and you guys go in two seperate trucks when one person gets hurt who's going to drive you back,so I came down from the High desert all alone luckly I didn't die driving for that hour, and a half. Good thing My girl got me into the Hospital once I got home. I was trying to go up to my room, and go to sleep but I could not do it alone. but my girl is a RN so she new I was in more trouble then I thought. So she forced me to the hospital, and its a good thing my lungs calpsed on me once I got there. I was rushed into surgery where they had to put me in a induced comma for 12days using Profaval the same thing Micheal Jackson past away from, But unlike Micheal Jackson I weighed 345, not 115lbs like Micheal at that time, so they had to pump me up with atleast 100 bootles, and I still would come in, and out of accomma a few times. So total hospital time was 12 hour in accomma, and a total of 28 day in the hospital hating it. And you want to know whats crazy I never fliped over on my bike, it never got a scracth on it. I Just lost a handle bar spider grip, and everyone I know told me to get rid of my bike. I can see why the hospital bill was a stagering $140,000. but thats why I will never stop riding. I'm out to get my $140,000 worth of riding back out of my bike. By the time I got out of the Hospital I was force to upgrade my riding gear, so if any one see me out ever riding, and my protection gear looks a little over board, well thats what happens when you realize that a simple $120 ballistic jacket, and a $450 Leatt Neck Brace could have save you from going in dept $140,000. Note; spend the money on your gear it's so worth it. I also use alot of glue for my grips these days learn from my mistack, and stay safe.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Trailblazer
Default I'm afraid to answer

you know, bad Kharma and all....

Old 01-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Range Rover

Right after I got my LTZ450 I went over what I thought was a small hill on a trail in second gear, bad news was it was a near vertical 12ft drop on the other side. Could not get up on the pegs fast enough and came down hard on the handle bar, Thank God for body armor, I bent the right side of my handle bar down over an inch with the right side of my chest. Spent almost five minutes getting the cob webs out of my head so I could drive again drove home very slowly and spent the next week nursing bruised ribs. Got new handle bar and a very healthy respect for the Suzuki LTR450 as I found right quickly how unforgiving it could be.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Trailblazer

Busted my nose last fall, thought I was going over a log on my 700 Sportsman. The stupid thing hooked up on my front and and just kept bending until it came back over the rack, tore the rack extender off, busted the visor of my helmet and still broke my nose. Sure am glad I wear a fulll face helmet when I ride.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

Drove right into an 18" deep rut that was'nt supposed to be there, nearly went over the bars and ended up with a bruised groin and a pinched disk that still haunts me now and then. Just because some brillaint a-hole thought it was a good idea to tear ruts cross ways in the middle of a main trail. To those people, Show a little respect for the trails you ride, your not the only ones who use them.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Trailblazer

Got my foot stuck in the rear tire, twisted it 180 degrees and it stayed there. It was pretty freaky to look down and see my toes pointing the wrong direction. Nothing a cast for 8 weeks can't fix. I have also cracked my wrist, broke my color bone, and have had 2 concussions.

Quick Reply: Have you ever injured yourself while riding an ATV?