Polls Post your Polls here

Of these 3 atv's, which would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 07:14 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey- what do you think of this 07 outty?

2007 Canam Outlander 800 MAX XT

I'd have to buy a new muffler and cut the stack off it- (why would you put that on a trail atv!)- bit he has some nice mods on it-

-

Old 06-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

My guess is he mudded it alot. I would also ask if he ever put a clutch kit in to spin those 30" tires. That's a lot to ask the stock clutch to pull. The ViscoLok of that time did not engage as quickly as the last couple years models do. Check out the spar frame. The CanAms do not have as strong a frame as the other manufacturers do. I put in a plastic sleeve to strengthen my son's Renegade. Glad I did. It looks very weak to me. If you go to trails that have 50" gates it will be too wide.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by beergut
and he's 4 hours one way from me- I left a message for him to clarify, just waiting for him to call me back. He seemed like he didn't know much about atv's when I first talked to him. Said it is his wife's- she doesn't ride it...

Here's the ad for the grizz-

Yamaha Grizzly 700

it's pretty nice also, but I was hoping to grab a max or touring -
A Max or Touring is a better way to go if you plan on having a passenger with you often. The longer wheelbase is nice for hills and a smoother ride.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:28 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
My guess is he mudded it alot. I would also ask if he ever put a clutch kit in to spin those 30" tires. That's a lot to ask the stock clutch to pull. The ViscoLok of that time did not engage as quickly as the last couple years models do. Check out the spar frame. The CanAms do not have as strong a frame as the other manufacturers do. I put in a plastic sleeve to strengthen my son's Renegade. Glad I did. It looks very weak to me. If you go to trails that have 50" gates it will be too wide.

I didn't even think of the 50" gates where I ride- there's 2 of them and no way around-

He said he put the dalton clutch kit on because of the tires- he said he did a few mud runs and the track also uses it during the award ceremonies. I guess he the president of the atv club "New England Mudslingers"

Old 06-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. That's a hard choice, because they're all good quads with low miles. I don't like the 4x4 on the Outlander so I personally wouldn't get that one. The 800 Touring probably has the best passenger seat on it. I heard they're really comfortable. The Griz is a nice quad for one person but I wouldn't ride double on it, and not just because it's illegal. Too bad it doesn't have a winch. I would have to see them before I decided.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:46 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

well- I talked to the owner of the outty late last night- he apologized for the confusion and said he was not very familiar with atv's. He & his wife bought a couple 2 years ago and they only rode them 3 times.
I offered him $6k for the 08 650 outlander Max XT and he agreed to the offer-

I picked it up today

I liked the SP 800 touring, but it had some miles on it- I was seconds from buying the 07 grizz- but I kept wanting the factory 2-up.
So I got the max xt with 129 miles / 28 hours- it was beautiful and it has plenty of power.

I can hear the guys already taking bets on how long before I trade up

I've been through 7 big bores and one 350fw in the last 18 months-
01 TRX 350 FW
05 KQ700-
06 Brute 750-
05 Brute 750-
07 Outty 650 max (for 1 week)
06 SP 800-
08 Outty 800 XT
08 650 Max XT

and by the way- I've been trading or selling up since the 350 fw- I haven't put any money towards the purchase of my next atv- except for aftermarket bolt ons like tire / rims and such...

is there an ATV anonymous ?
I'm the poster child for ADHD!

Old 06-29-2010, 10:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well- I talked to the owner of the outty late last night- he apologized for the confusion and said he was not very familiar with atv's. He & his wife bought a couple 2 years ago and they only rode them 3 times.

I picked it up today

I liked the SP 800 touring, but it had some miles on it- I was seconds from buying the 07 grizz- but I kept wanting the factory 2-up.
So I got the max xt with 129 miles / 28 hours- it was beautiful and it has plenty of power.

01 TRX 350 FW
05 KQ700-
06 Brute 750-
05 Brute 750-
06 SP 800-
08 Outty 800 XT
08 650 Max XT

and by the way- I've been trading or selling up since the 350 fw- I haven't put any money towards the purchase of my next atv- except for aftermarket bolt ons like tire / rims and such...

Why so many quads?

Old 06-30-2010, 04:51 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
Why so many quads?
every time I got a different one, I'd find a reason why I didn't like it. Sorta like Jerry Seinfeld and his girlfriends (any fans?)
and that's just the list of utilities- I have an even longer list of sport quads I've owned over the past 10 years.

lets see-

01 TRX 350 FW (too small, not enough HP, SRA)
05 KQ700- (hated the unstable steering & deflection- kept bending tie rods)
05 Brute 750- (found out previous owner removed air cleaner and rode it for years with no filter, and owner admitted it when I asked him how sand got into the carbs! Said it had more power with no filter!- cvt limp mode kept tripping even with new belt)
06 Brute 750- (always had carb issues and cvt issues again)
07 Outty 650 max (needed all kinds of engine / clutch work- wasn't worth it)
06 SP 800- (nice bike but hated the drive train chatter- OMG it drove me crazy!)
08 Outty 800 XT (great bike- had high milage and it was snorkeled, which I hate- but really only sold it to get an outty max)
08 650 Max XT (so far I love it- I hope I keep this one! but everyone is already betting against me!)

I've always sold them for more then I paid or traded up to the next one. Starting with my 350 FW I sold for $2k- then acquiring the 05 KQ700 at a storage locker auction in maine-
I think I'd addicted to the hunt!

Old 06-30-2010, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

I picked it up today

01 TRX 350 FW
05 KQ700-
06 Brute 750-
05 Brute 750-
06 SP 800-
08 Outty 800 XT
08 650 Max XT

You might like http://forums.atvconnection.com/pola...anonymous.html

Old 06-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL You kill me Moose! Tho I think after reading some of those topics in that link I migh need to join too!

Quick Reply: Of these 3 atv's, which would you choose?