80.00%
UTV
20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

ATV vs. UTV

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 11:15 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Raptorlegs
But my UTV has an 800lb capacity. It would almost hold mine and Scooter's wife at the same time.
scoot- your wife weighs 140 lbs!!!

Old 06-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
scoot- your wife weighs 140 lbs!!!

For the most part. It's the rest that really tips the scales.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Raptorlegs
But my UTV has an 800lb capacity. It would almost hold mine and Scooter's wife at the same time.
Hauling a$$.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up utv vs. atv no real choice

Hands down I would take a UTV over a ATV anyday of the week. In regards to payload alone try to carry a moose on an ATV.
Try to have a conversation with someone while you are driving your ATV, not a lot of fun for that person on the back. Ride in a UTV for a day and then go out on an ATV for a day and how do you feel when you are done. I could go on and on but I believe that I have stated my point

Old 07-05-2011, 06:43 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by wlvb
Hands down I would take a UTV over a ATV anyday of the week. In regards to payload alone try to carry a moose on an ATV.
I think 98% of the people who ride atv's (or utv's) are not looking to carry a moose. I don't know of any utv or atv that will carry a 1500 lb payload on the racks- unless you want to tow it-

Try to have a conversation with someone while you are driving your ATV, not a lot of fun for that person on the back.
not many people I know consider "talking to your passenger" as criteria when shopping for an atv or a utv... I've had a few 2-ups with my wife on the back, was never a problem the few times I talked to her.

Ride in a UTV for a day and then go out on an ATV for a day and how do you feel when you are done.
I've ridden in a utv a few times- it's no more comfortable then my 09 polaris 850xp- and I feel great after riding a days worth of new england trails on my polaris (or can-am or grizzly.... for that matter)

I could go on and on but I believe that I have stated my point
I don't think you have

Old 07-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A 4x4 Ranger can haul 1500 pounds in the box and the 6x6 can carry a ton. Plus they can both tow a ton in case you get 2 moose. The most I want to haul is a cooler and maybe a gas can, and an ATV works great for that. Neither of those Rangers will fit down the trails some of us ride so they aren't an option for a lot of riders. If I need to haul a lot of weight I'll use my truck and trailer.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:39 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
The most I want to haul is a cooler and maybe a gas can, and an ATV works great for that. .
x2

Neither of those Rangers will fit down the trails some of us ride so they aren't an option for a lot of riders..
won't get far on anything wider then an atv around here either- you'd be better off "hoofing" it in and riding the moose out then shooting it once you reach your truck

If I need to haul a lot of weight I'll use my truck and trailer.
x2

Old 07-06-2011, 07:31 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

There are so many narrow trail sections where a ATV just fits though,that a UTV just cant go. No way a UTV could do a day ride with us, or a lifted jeep. Believe me they tried.

Try to have a conversation with someone while you are driving your ATV, not a lot of fun for that person on the back.
This would be my conversation to a passenger. "When the he1l are you going to buy your own ATV you dead weight"?

Old 07-06-2011, 07:36 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
true- but you can't pack a cooler and camping gear on a dirtbike
You going for a ride or a picnic?

Old 07-06-2011, 07:40 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
You going for a ride or a picnic?
Riding with no beer on ice, whats that like? Lets take a trail break on a hot 70 mile ride and twiddle our thumbs for 20 minutes. LOL