Polls Post your Polls here
View Poll Results: What is the dumbest thing you've ever done with your ATV?
Attempted a Water Crossing
14.89%
Deliberately Ran into Something
0%
Crucially Misjudged the Size of a Jump
12.77%
Got Lost/Stranded
14.89%
Other - My Stupidity Knows no Bounds
57.45%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Poll of the Month: What's the dumbest thing you've done with your ATV?

Old 02-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Horsing around in the back yard with a few inches of snow on the ground. Went to drift and the right side tires caught. My left side tires came up off the ground. Still not sure how it didnt roll with that much momentum. Pretty stupid to be doing something like that.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
One time I came to a Y in the trail and couldn't decide which way to go. I drove straight into a tree in the middle.
I saw a friend on skis do that. Too bad it's not like the old Bugs Bunny cartoons where you magically skirt around both sides of the tree....

Old 02-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Trailblazer

well w'eve all pretty stupid things, and 2 me there all hilarious (internally)..i'v got quit a few stories but ill start it with when i 1st got my 300ex...i was riding in the back trails behind my folks, the trails are really whindy, uphill down hill sideways all that fun stuff, it just finshed raining so thought 2 take a lil ride. got on the quad driving away on the trails, i alwyas use the peak of the hill as a kicker, did a cpl times np so i got braver and did it a lil faster on a narrow trail well the seat was wet so as soon as the quad jumped up i slipped off and my leg went underneath the quad and it drove right over me.. i had the bear claw tiers on so after i got up ran after the quad shut it off i feel a slight pain on my ***, when i got drivin over the quad tiers made a perfect bruise on my *** of the same shape as those bear claw grip pattern,, i was rlly happy no 1 saw that lol..

Old 02-07-2012, 06:43 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I once tried using my XP 850 as a bench press.
didn't work out so well. Turns out it's a lot easier sitting on top of your atv and keeping it from flipping over, than it is being between a rock and your atv trying to press it off you... who knew

Old 02-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
I once tried using my XP 850 as a bench press.
didn't work out so well. Turns out it's a lot easier sitting on top of your atv and keeping it from flipping over, than it is being between a rock and your atv trying to press it off you... who knew
If you had asked we would have told you it's not a good idea.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:43 PM

I once chased a hen a pretty long way and it would've seemed as if I could have caught her, but a barbed wire fence ended that... I stopped in time that time..
But I have been known to hit low hanging wires and fences...

Old 02-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mine would be under "Other".

I stupidly trusted my buddy to not only put the trailer on the truck tow ball but to actually latch the coupler. When I went to drive up the ramp, slightly agressively, the trailer popped off the ball and gouged the tailgate all the way up.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
One time I came to a Y in the trail and couldn't decide which way to go. I drove straight into a tree in the middle.
Thats called trying to blaze your own trail. I did that a while back but there were only shrubs and sapplings. I wondered why there wasnt a big tree there and thats when I dove I fell into the stream

Old 02-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Range Rover

Had a Honda fourtrax went through a whoop-d- whoop. Only problem was I thought it was a single bump so I endoed it. Fell off The front it landed on me and I broke 2 ribs. Cut The weekend short.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:54 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TacticalRedneckofKentucky
I once chased a hen a pretty long way and it would've seemed as if I could have caught her, but a barbed wire fence ended that... I stopped in time that time..
But I have been known to hit low hanging wires and fences...

x2

hit an old barbed wire fence that grew into the trees 80 or so years ago (old farm land) when riding through a trail- luckily I was movng real slow- but it came over my arms, up my chest and hooked my neck- was enough to knock me off the atv, shread my shirt and put some pretty deep cuts all over me.

the cherry on top..... literally 25 seconds later a cop pulled up and gave me a $200 fine for riding on property I had permission to be on- less than 1000' from my house- cost me $100 to fight the citation that I eventually won- on appeal!

oh yeah- and the only reason I was on the trail in the first place was to help out another dirtbiker who I saw (while driving by in my jeep) get tangled up in the same wire that got me!!!!!

I hate massachusetts!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Poll of the Month: What's the dumbest thing you've done with your ATV?