Polls Post your Polls here
View Poll Results: What do you wear on your feet when you ride?
MX boots
20.00%
hiking boots
53.33%
regular-old sneakers
26.67%
sandals
0%
nothing -- I ride barefoot!
0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Poll of the Month: What do you wear on your feet when you ride?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just wear my regular old work boots when im out riding.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Insulated waterproof boots in winter non-insulated waterProof boots in summer
Always boots

Old 05-25-2017, 11:31 AM
Country Rider

I have some leather hiking boots. Riding boots are too expensive to keep getting new ones

Old 05-25-2017, 02:19 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I finally got rid of both pairs of combat boots and now I wear work boots. It looks like I never voted on this thread but hiking boots would be the closest thing to what I wear.

Old 05-28-2017, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Default What do you wear on your feet when you ride

It really depends on what I am going to do and where I am riding. Around the homestead I'll wear ankle high workboots. If I am going out on a fun ride away from home, it depends on the conditions. If I expect to ride in a lot of mud, or I am going to ride a sport machine, then I'll tug on my old faithful Moto-X style boots that go up to my knee. Mainly because they keep me dry in case I am in deep mud or water. Usually though, I have started using an over the ankle type boot that is designed specifically for ATV use that although it has hard shell protection, they have tremendous flex in them, AND they have a sole that has lugs for traction when walking on slick surfaces. The MX boots have a smooth sole, and as such are trouble in slick conditions. Plus the boots give you that moon boot feeling due to no flex in the ankle. I must admit I am **** about wearing safety gear. I will not climb aboard without a helmet, gloves, long sleeve jersey, MX pants, boots, goggles, and a chest/back protector. That piece in particular has saved me many serious back injuries. Probably even more than my helmet. (I have 3 that I use all the time depending on which machine I am using.)

Old 06-06-2017, 11:59 AM
Country Rider

When I tok this poll a couple weeks ago I said hiking boots. NowI got riding boots and with I could change my awnser

Old 06-06-2017, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

I wish nothing but luck for those that wear tennis shoes or anything that doesn't go over the ankle, which by the way MAY be a requirement in your state or the area you are going to ride in, so checking prior to riding is probably a good idea. I've lost a whole year of riding with a broken ankle, so I am pretty sensitive to it. Snapped 2 inches off the tibia, and completely exploded the Fibula. I have 12 screws and a steel plate to prove it too. Being an old racer has taught me that a decent pair of boots is far cheaper than a trip to the hospital, and possibly a whole lot of visits to the ortho and physical therapy clinics too. Good to see you stepped up Yamahamoto.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wear hiking boots when riding. I bought them a few years ago and they still are in decent shape. I wanted something waterproof so I wouldn't get my feet wet and muddy and they're pretty comfortable. I occasionally will wear rubber boots if I know its really muddy that day and/or I might get in some deeper water.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:24 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've taken short rides with athletic or walking shoes on for 4 miles from my friend's property to a campground at a lake. I think that was the farthest I've ever gone without boots. I didn't like the bottom of my feet pressed against the foot-pegs. I like to ride with my boots on. The heels hooks around the foot-pegs and keeps them from pressing against the bottom of my feet.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

I think those of us that have been riding for a long time have experienced enough trauma to drive the point home. Even the best of us have had accidents. My worst was loading on my trailer from the side with wet tires, they slipped on the ramps, dropped a right rear off the ramp and over we went, with the ATV on top of me. Being VERY early in the AM, everyone else was still in bed. Thank god I had my helmet on, and my truck keys were attached to the spare key for my machine in the ignition. I pushed the panic button and waited...a long time before someone finally got up and looked out the window to see why the alarm system on the truck was going off. I had my MX boots on that time. I don't start the motor unless I have boots and a helmet on. Minimum. I am 62, and have had more than my share of broken ankles, legs, knees Tibias, and Fibulas. I go without my cane most of the time. But every step I take is taken in pain Learn from our mistakes.

Quick Reply: Poll of the Month: What do you wear on your feet when you ride?