Polls Post your Polls here
View Poll Results: Why do you use fuel additives? (if you do)
Treating ethanol related issues
22.22%
Increase octane rating
0%
Improve gas mileage
0%
Clean fuel system and engine
33.33%
Keep gas fresh
38.89%
Increase engine power and performance
0%
I do not use an additive
5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Why do you use a fuel additive? (If you do..)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 03:22 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got both samples plus a 4 ounce bottle of 104+ octane boost today. Now I have to decide where to use them. I'm thinking my truck since my ATV, lawnmower, and leaf blower are already treated.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Receive my samples today! Thank You

Old 01-08-2015, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a thought. More than one choice should be selectable on the poll. I use sta-bil for keeping gas fresh AND for cleaning.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by papahouse
Receive my samples today! Thank You
Glad they made it to you! Please let us know if you have any questions about the products.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nachop
Just a thought. More than one choice should be selectable on the poll. I use sta-bil for keeping gas fresh AND for cleaning.
Good point - I should have done that! Next time...

Old 02-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Trailblazer

Yep, new user of both Sta-bil and Sea foam here and will definitely be using it on all my small engines from now on. Put them in my snowblower and ATV and both seem to be running much smoother than before. Chose "Clean fuel system and engine" as that was my original intentions for the product upon purchase.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:20 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I have used Stabil and other brands of fuel stabilizers over the past 20 yrs or so..With todays gas its almost necessary for something put away for a couple months.... Im going to be storing a 2001 Olds Alero for 6-10 mos... Will be treating the gasoline with the new 360 Stabil later this week. I will let you know how it goes..

Old 02-24-2015, 08:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
I have used Stabil and other brands of fuel stabilizers over the past 20 yrs or so..With todays gas its almost necessary for something put away for a couple months.... Im going to be storing a 2001 Olds Alero for 6-10 mos... Will be treating the gasoline with the new 360 Stabil later this week. I will let you know how it goes..
We are, of course, glad to hear that you are a fan of STA-BILŽ. You are absolutely correct - today's ethanol blended gas has a very short shelf life before it begins to break down (can be as little as 30 days).

Please let me know if you have any questions on our new STA-BILŽ 360° Protection product.

Have a great day!

Old 02-25-2015, 08:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

I've been using the marine grade Star Tron Enzyme fuel treatment for years and never had a problem with any of the equipment that it was used in. So my question would be what would the benefit of using the Sta Bil 360 be over the Star Tron? I really would not care which product to use , just looking for the best protection. Our small engine mechanic at the local shop suggested using the Star Tron , that's the only reason using that product.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by woodsrider62
I've been using the marine grade Star Tron Enzyme fuel treatment for years and never had a problem with any of the equipment that it was used in. So my question would be what would the benefit of using the Sta Bil 360 be over the Star Tron? I really would not care which product to use , just looking for the best protection. Our small engine mechanic at the local shop suggested using the Star Tron , that's the only reason using that product.
Sorry for the delay in response!

In addition to keeping fuel fresh and cleaning the fuel system, STA-BILŽ 360° Protection uses Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor (VCI) technology to protect both above & below the fuel line - where no other additive does. This VCI technology will help protect the metal components of the fuel system from rust & corrosion.

Also, STA-BILŽ has been recommended by several Original Equipment Manufacturers over the years. You can see a list of some of those Original Equipment Manufacturers in the link below.

OEM Reviews for STA-BILŽ Fuel Stabilizers | Gold Eagle

Hopefully this helped answer a few questions - please let me know if we can help with anything else!

Last edited by STA-BILŽ; 03-02-2015 at 11:07 AM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: Why do you use a fuel additive? (If you do..)