Riding Gear Discussions on ATV riding gear.

AGV Helmet Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 08:31 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default AGV Helmet Review

We have a new sponsor here at the ATVConnection.. Dainese , they are a Italian based company that carries the AGV helmet line. I got one of the AX-8 EVO models to check out. I have had this helmet for about 3 weeks and have been wanting to go riding with it to check it out.. spraining my ankle days after getting the helmet have kept me from doing that..

So for now a first impression is all I have for you. (except for a quick spin around the property where my shop is located)Im going to be comparing it to my Fly racing (fr) helmet.. The first thing I noticed was how light the helmet is.. Second thing I noticed was the air gap the visor has with the helmet on each side. Im guessing this is so the visor doesnt get caught in the wind as easily at high speeds. Third thing was the vents in the helmet under those areas. My fr helmet is vented very well and so is the AGV helmet... riding with it the little bit I did it flowed a lot of air over my head just like the fr helmet did.. The AGV helmet has vents that close.. The fr helmet doesnt. Closing the vents on the AGV helmet cut off about 3/4 of the air flowing thru the helmet.. That will be a nice feature for winter riding..

Im hoping to get out riding with this helmet next weekend..

Here is a link to the AGV helmet I have...

AGV Helmets: Graphics

AGV Helmet Review-fk5egbl.jpg

Last edited by IB Cristina; 01-05-2015 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Good looking helmet. More venting the merrier to me. I'd be more inclined to wear a helmet in the hot, humid days of summer if there was a lot more ventilation.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:16 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

3 vents on the front,2 vents on the side and two extractor vents in the rear sounds great. Sounds better than one on the front,2 on the top that my HJC street helmet has. Guess HJC thought you didn't need that many on the street,but they were wrong..

Old 11-23-2016, 10:24 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

I got this helmet to review and was injured at work before having a chance to use it until now.
So far I have a hour dune ride at the Oregon dunes.
I love this helmet, light weight and very comfortable.
I'll be wearing it a lot more in the next few days and will update my review.