Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

250cc Kazuma Falcon Charging Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250cc Kazuma Falcon Charging Issue

Hi there,
New to this forum. I have been browsing around for a few days while trying to figure out what ATV we have and some of the specs.
So it happens to be a 250cc Kazuma Falcon.

After poking around, i noticed that the battery would not hold a charge. I replaced the battery with a new one, went out riding and after a few starts, it was dead again. I did some research and found out it could be the stater, Rectifier or battery

if i replaced the rectifier with one from a 500cc, would i see a benefit in it charging the battery faster?
Also, where do we get parts for these other than ebay or amazon, which according to them these parts fit every Chinese model.

Also looking for a wiring diagram for these so i can fix the other 3 i have sitting in the back, which is also Chinese models but redcat and not kazuma
thanks in advance for your help.

Old 11-28-2016, 02:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

Regarding the rectifier, this takes the AC current from the stator and turns it into DC, it then allows this to enter the battery until the battery voltage reaches about 14v, then reduces the flow from the stator to avoid overcharging the battery. No advantage is gained by fitting the wrong one for your 250.

You may find wiring diagrams for all your machines on the internet, or you may not. Finding information about Chinese/Taiwanese bikes is pot luck. Put Kazuma 250 wiring diagram in Google, and see what comes up.

Some Kazuma dealers will have genuine Kazuma spares, some are totally uninterested once they have sold you the bike. Many parts are "universal" anyway, but it takes experience to know which ones.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

hi, thanks for your response and clarification on the rectifier. Im going to be testing my components today. I have 5 other atvs ranging from 90cc to 250cc in the back that needs work, some need starters some carbs, i noticed that there is a pz19 pz22 etc for the same CC bike, how to tell which one will work on your atv?
also i believe the CDI is missing on all of them, so i will be looking for a wiring harness that has everything.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The number on the carb stands for the diameter of the throat at its narrowest point which is where the jet is. It isn't all that important, a highly tuned engine may need a bigger carb than a standard one, but fit a bigger carb to a standard engine and the air flow slows down, making it less efficient. This is fairly academic as my rule is, clean the existing carb out and it will work like new. No rebuild kits, just compressed air. Unless you are an electrician, I would avoid the "universal" harnesses too, because the Chinese use a bewildering variety of different ideas on how to wire a bike. This includes ignition, with AC CDIs, DC CDIs, no CDI at all, separate coil on the stator for ignition, a tapping from a two coil stator, a tapping from a three phase stator. Rectifier only for the charging or regulator/rectifier. AC lighting, DC lighting, get the picture?

Old 01-17-2017, 09:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi, I forgot to update, So I got it running. I replaced the rectifier and took it out this weekend. It ran great, until one of the motor mounts broke, and seemed to tear the boot that connects the Carb to the Head. So i need to look for that part, Still having the same problem with the charging system. I have to test the Stator to make sure it is good.
any tips on testing it?
Also how do I make sure that the carb is getting gas? My other quad only fires up when i spray starter fluid in it, runs for a few seconds and then dies. I checked spark, and its good. It has a new CDI, recitifier, coil.
thanks again for the input and advice.

Old 01-18-2017, 03:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider

About the only stator tests that are worth anything are (assuming a three phase, three wire stator) to disconnect the stator wires from the rectifier and check you get roughly the same ohm readings from all three wires when you connect the meter between any two, and that none of them are earthed. This doesn't apply to all stators though, it depends on how they are wired. With two wire and other types of stator, you may be able to check what AC voltage is going through the wires to the rectifier with the bike running. On your other bike, clean the carb out, like I wrote earlier.