Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Wiring on the LT230EJ

Old 01-21-2017, 08:07 PM
Anything that runs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring on the LT230EJ

Hey guys I just bought a 1988 Suzuki LT 230 EJ that has the ignition switch all boogered up on it and I'm trying to do some wiring. I saw a thread here for a manual however it doesn't seem to cover this model. The colors on the ignition switch are not the same for the wires for neither the chain drive nor shaft drive.

LT230 repair manual - Suzuki ATV Forum

If you guys can help me with the ignition wiring on this and possibly point me to a service manual for it if possible that's different from that one that would be awesome.

The previous owner twisted together orange, red, and black/white and all that seems to do is pop the fuse when I connect a battery. The black/white is ground so i know thats why, but idk what the grey, yellow/black, etc are. This has a pull start that I can use, but I don't know if the CDI is getting power to the ignition coil because I don't think the ignition is wired properly. I've pulled the pull start till I'm blue in the face and I only get a slight kick out of it every now and then. Previous to finding out that it was popping the fuse when using the battery, I had only tried to pull start and swap the new carb into it and do some other things. Once I got tired of using the pull starter and put the battery on it, I found out there was a wiring issue.

thanks!

Old 01-22-2017, 05:59 PM
Anything that runs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it, I'm good. Thanks.