Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

Hello from Miami, FL

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 08:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Miami, FL

Hello Forum,
My name is Petros. I am from Miami FL. My wife & I rented a Polaris 400 4WD & a Yamaha Grizzly 450 4WD last weekend & we are HOOKED! We just rode some trails at Plantbamboo in Okeechobee, FL. Didn't really get muddy. Just road some trails. Now we are in the market for one. We want to buy it new.

Old 02-14-2017, 10:49 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations, and Welcome to the forums!

Old 02-15-2017, 06:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

Forgot to quote message: refer to post below.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:53 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by scootergptx
Welcome to the forums.
Thank You! Fellow Mel Brooks fan I see. Or at least you like the movie Blazing Saddles.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by HawkeyeRider
Congratulations, and Welcome to the forums!
Thank you HawkeyeRider!

Hopefully you (or anyone else as well) can guide me in the right direction here. From the little bit that I have read so far I see that a 2up ATV is what I need since my wife & I will ALMOST ALWAYS be riding the ATV together. I used to think that I could just buy that aftermerket 2nd seat/trunk but it is not for use while riding. Also, the ATV's that are 2up have a longer wheelbase (makes sense) so the 2up is definitely the one for me.

1) I read that Arctic Cat, Polaris & Can Am make 2up ATV's. Not sure about the Arctic Cat but I am trying to decide which of the following will best suit my needs:
Polaris 570 Touring or Outlander Max 570
Comfort & traction are my major concerns. I will mud it some times but it will be mostly sand, no mud bogging.

2) Lazy Springs & Plantbamboo are each a 2 hour drive for me. Are there any places in Miami that people here like to offroad at with out issues from the police?
Where can I post the above mentioned 2 questions so that I don't clutter up the forum with questions in wrong threads?

Also, If I want to "mention you" in a post how do I do that?
Ex: In the Tacoma World Forum I would write @HawkeyeRider & you would receive a notification that you were mentioned.

Thank you

Old 02-15-2017, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by tac1
Thank you HawkeyeRider!

Hopefully you (or anyone else as well) can guide me in the right direction here. From the little bit that I have read so far I see that a 2up ATV is what I need since my wife & I will ALMOST ALWAYS be riding the ATV together. I used to think that I could just buy that aftermerket 2nd seat/trunk but it is not for use while riding. Also, the ATV's that are 2up have a longer wheelbase (makes sense) so the 2up is definitely the one for me.

1) I read that Arctic Cat, Polaris & Can Am make 2up ATV's. Not sure about the Arctic Cat but I am trying to decide which of the following will best suit my needs:
Polaris 570 Touring or Outlander Max 570
Comfort & traction are my major concerns. I will mud it some times but it will be mostly sand, no mud bogging.

2) Lazy Springs & Plantbamboo are each a 2 hour drive for me. Are there any places in Miami that people here like to offroad at with out issues from the police?
Where can I post the above mentioned 2 questions so that I don't clutter up the forum with questions in wrong threads?

Also, If I want to "mention you" in a post how do I do that?
Ex: In the Tacoma World Forum I would write @HawkeyeRider & you would receive a notification that you were mentioned.

Thank you
Welcome to the forums!

1) Polaris gets the edge in my mind as far as comfortable ride. Been on both and the Can-Am is a little harder on my back. The Polaris will be noisier engine-wise as it's a single cylinder while the Outlander is a twin cylinder. You'll feel more torque with the Polaris and more quickness with the Outlander. Both have good 4wd systems that are very easy to use. Just make sure you get the Visko Lok QE version of the Outlander. The QE stands for quick engagement. Older Can-Am's came on slowly while newer ones lock up the front end quickly. Polaris is a tiny bit better in this department.

2) No idea. I live in the New England area.

Old 02-16-2017, 05:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Welcome to the forums!

1) Polaris gets the edge in my mind as far as comfortable ride. Been on both and the Can-Am is a little harder on my back. The Polaris will be noisier engine-wise as it's a single cylinder while the Outlander is a twin cylinder. You'll feel more torque with the Polaris and more quickness with the Outlander. Both have good 4wd systems that are very easy to use. Just make sure you get the Visko Lok QE version of the Outlander. The QE stands for quick engagement. Older Can-Am's came on slowly while newer ones lock up the front end quickly. Polaris is a tiny bit better in this department.

2) No idea. I live in the New England area.
Thank you for the info MooseHenden!

Old 02-21-2017, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok. My wife & I bought a 2017 Polaris Sportsman 570 touring in Sage green. I put 2 miles on it today. hahaha. I'm gonna post my questions in the Polaris section.
Thank you!

Old 02-22-2017, 07:49 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi tac1: Too bad about your affliction to ATVs. It doesn't take much. There ought to be a law. I got hooked last fall. I too studied the major 2-up brands. Being from Minnesota originally, I just naturally gravitated to Polaris, they are a big Minnesota outfit. I do think the Polaris has the best suspension for trail riding. You made a good choice. Now go enjoy!

David