Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Couple service related ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 10:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple service related ?'s

2004 Mojave 250

1. I changed oil and forget to install the rubber gasket and washer for the oil drain plug. It's my 1st oil change. I thought the gasket and washer was stuck to the motor but I was wrong. Found them at bottom of my drain pan. Oops!

I'd rather not drain the oil again. Think I'll be fine til next service? I imagine if I leak a bit it's fine as long as I watch the level???

2. Is there any easy way to refill the coolant? The radiator cap is up in the wheel well so it's hard to pour anything in. Rather not remove plastics. Should I get a super long funnel? Maybe a hose extension?

Thanks!

Old 02-20-2017, 03:11 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

You can try to lean the machine over on jack stands and see if you can replace the drain bolt washers. Should loose much oil that way.On the radiator coolant sounds like a good job for a hose and funnel.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!
I ended up taking the plastics off. Was easier and quicker than I thought. Coolant flush and fill is done. A hose would have made a mess.

Also removed the snorkel while plastics off. I don't know how ANY air was getting to the air box. But I can see how it keeps the water and muck out.

As for getting the oil drain plug washer/gasket back on,...I think it might be better to pull the front wheels up, get it to 12 o'clock and real quick pull the plug and re-install. Before I do this,...anyone have a better idea so I don't lose all the brand new oil I just put in? Lean left, lean right??

Thanks!

Old 02-21-2017, 03:29 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Yes if you can stand it on its tail end with out damaging any thing would be better as far as loosing any oil.