Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior vs 400ex

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
Originally posted by: yamaharaptor350
Originally posted by: XtremeSkier
400ex is much better, the warriors ive seen can go but compaired to a 400ex there like a yamaha breeze, if ur gonna spend the money for a warrior u mise well go the extra leap and invest in a 400ex. 400ex is just better all around, handling, power, did i mention wheelies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] lol
dude warrior is closer to a 400ex than a yamaha breeze... ud be surprised how close i am with my friends 400ex, its a pretty close race untill my 5th gear and hes just got must better top end.

Not close at all imo. Rode with a warrior a lot. Left him in 2nd and pulled away hard.

I liked the warrior for really tight trails. The rear end was easy to slide around. But the EX is better for everything else.
but was your ex stock.... i take him off the line every time cause of my 12 tooth sprocket then he pulls a little on me till i get into 5th then its really not a race he just had alot more top end but i gop through gears alot quicker so my 5th is like his 4th

Old 06-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Warrior vs 400ex

I would go with the 400ex. just because I never saw 1 person ride a warrior around where I live only 300exs and 400exs.

Old 06-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior vs 400ex

Originally posted by: Raptor350yamaha
I would go with the 400ex. just because I never saw 1 person ride a warrior around where I live only 300exs and 400exs.
All the more reason to get the Warrior .. stand out from the crowd ...

Old 06-18-2005, 10:55 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warrior vs 400ex

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
Originally posted by: XtremeSkier
400ex is much better, the warriors ive seen can go but compaired to a 400ex there like a yamaha breeze, if ur gonna spend the money for a warrior u mise well go the extra leap and invest in a 400ex. 400ex is just better all around, handling, power, did i mention wheelies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] lol
dude warrior is closer to a 400ex than a yamaha breeze... ud be surprised how close i am with my friends 400ex, its a pretty close race untill my 5th gear and hes just got must better top end.

Not close at all imo. Rode with a warrior a lot. Left him in 2nd and pulled away hard.

I liked the warrior for really tight trails. The rear end was easy to slide around. But the EX is better for everything else.
but was your ex stock.... i take him off the line every time cause of my 12 tooth sprocket then he pulls a little on me till i get into 5th then its really not a race he just had alot more top end but i gop through gears alot quicker so my 5th is like his 4th
Well, it was when I first got mine. He had the baffle pulled on his and I had the E-series silencer on mine. When I went to pick it up from the dealer (drove 350 miles) the rear tires were sliced up pretty bad so they offered to put some more on it. Thus the 22's I still have. With the stock gearing it ran like crap. That was the first time I raced my cousin. Still whooped his warrior repeatedly, regardless of riders.

Can't imagine after getting the K&N with vents, jets and gearing. Mine's a heck of lot quicker now than it was then. Unfortunately , he sold it before I got the other mods done.

Spent quite a bit of time on his. The warrior's motor doesn't have the range the EX's does. But you're comparing a 2-valve engine to a 4 valve. There is a difference. The warrior is a nice machine, but the EX is better imo.

Old 06-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Warrior vs 400ex

Originally posted by: NLWarrior01
All the more reason to get the Warrior .. stand out from the crowd ...
Yeah people could easily know it was you that flew by.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Range Rover
Default Warrior vs 400ex

I havn't got a chance to race my warrior against a 400 yet but I know that warriors aren't much slower than a 400ex. My friend has a warrior with pipe,jet and filter and it beat a stock 400ex so it is slower stock for stock but with some cash you can make a warrior better than a 400ex. If you don't mind not having reverse than get the 400. And if your going to spend the money for an 05 you may as well spend the extra cash nd get the 450r. So its pretty much if you want reverse and do you want to spend some cash on mods. But reverse isn't a big thing, 400 aren't hard to push or whip aroun so get the 400ex

Old 06-21-2005, 10:45 PM
Range Rover
Default Warrior vs 400ex

I love my warrior. Sure its not the best handler but for the price of a used one its hard to beat. The riders skill is a big part, you could put a pro on a stock warrior and stomp a newbie on a modded ex. But my warrior does have its set backs, i have cracked the frame in two places jumping a 40 ft table top and the brake caliper mounts broke off the bearing carrier, but with some preventative maintenance the warrior is pretty much bullet proof. The ex is also reliable as far as ive heard. The ones ive raced have been quicker than me but i can beat some of the new riders. The warrior is not as good at jumping, actually my front end does come up really bad when i hit a table top with the revs up, but i have the taller raptor shocks on it. But, soryy for the long post, mine did do a he!! of alot better in the snow this winter that my buddies ex did, i did have the realtors on though. I'd say if you can get a warrior for a bit cheaper and get it modded until you get your predator, but if the ex is close on price get it. Either way id say youll still love the pred after these.

my .02

Old 06-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Range Rover
Default Warrior vs 400ex

my friends warrior cant touch me on my 400ex, speed, torque or anything i beat him all the time and it makes him mad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2005, 04:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior vs 400ex

My freind i ride with has a 03 400 ex every so often we swap up the 400 does handle 50% better than my raptor 350 and is 30%faster than mine on top but theres one thing i can not stand about it that being it is soo slow out of the hole the power comes on to slow for me we race every so often theres not been a time that hes beat me off the line i can get a 3 too 4 quad lenght pull on him every time and i weigh a good 50 pounds more but once i rap out 6th its over i can hear him comeing up and the rest is over untill i put a 15 tooth on front and then same effect but backwards he cant touch me on top end with the 15 but i think the ex is geard a lil high i would like to ride one with a 12 tooth front or 13 isnt stock like 14/38 or 15/38 on the 400 but anyways I for one think its more than less is more of a brand issue im just a yamaha FREAK and brand loyal but i fully bealive the 400 is about as tuff as the warrior !!!

Old 06-30-2005, 12:13 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default Warrior vs 400ex

Originally posted by: ss97
If your wife has a Warrior now, it doesn't make sense to go to the Raptor 350. It's the same "dated" frame as the Warrior with new plastics and the generic Raptor styling. She'd be better off with a 400EX or Z400.
Not from what I've seen and read. The Raptor has a totally different set of ergonomics from the ground up. Dirt Wheels and ATV Sport both said it handles better than the Raptor660. A friend of mine has one and he said it's nothing like his old Warrior.
That it does. Great peg to seat distance. The Warrior is a bit cramped, and I don't have long legs. Plus I'm a big guy so it's a lot of work if I'm having to transition from sitting to attack positions. Bars are too low to ride in the attack position for a long time.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Warrior vs 400ex