Best American Made Quad

Old 01-09-2015, 01:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Convert United States Dollar to Mexican Peso | USD to MXN
Latest Exchange Rates: 1 United States Dollar = 14.5742 Mexican Peso

Someones making a lot of money and it sure isn't the Mexican peasant. Greedy companies wanting more and more.
GM needs to make $1,000,000 in sales annually, per WORKING employee to pay for their retired workers health insurance and pension plan.
So they could make an inferior product for the same price as their foreign competition ie: the 1980s, or a comparable product for $10,000 more then their foreign counterparts ie: the 1990s.
No one goes into business to not make money. There is a lot of greed everwhere.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default thanks

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I read that only the Polaris quads sold in southern states or made for export were made in Mexico and the ones sold in northern states are made in the US. I would have to see some at the dealer to know for sure.
Thanks for the info I will look into it too

Old 01-09-2015, 06:24 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by stu west
GM needs to make $1,000,000 in sales annually, per WORKING employee to pay for their retired workers health insurance and pension plan.
So they could make an inferior product for the same price as their foreign competition ie: the 1980s, or a comparable product for $10,000 more then their foreign counterparts ie: the 1990s.
No one goes into business to not make money. There is a lot of greed everwhere.
Do you really think the Mexicans are getting good insurance,pension plans? I really kinda doubt it. I remember when one of the first companies that moved down there(Magnavox)and the article showed the nice new roads leading into and out of the plant,but the workers who lived around the plant had mud roads and lived in falling down tin roofed shacks.Doubt if anything has changed much,if it has why are they and half of South America still showing up at our door steps or already here. Pay back is coming for these companies and the "ignition problem" imo is just the start.I never cared for unions,I live in a right to work state,but companies like these,plus companies like Walmart that refuses to pay a decent wage to workers,but owners have billions,would make Old Sam turn over in his grave.World's changing too fast and I fear for my son and grand daughter who will have no pension,but forced to save on their own. The wife is retiring in March and one of the last ones that does have a pension.Worked almost 46 years to get it,but new hires or ones that have less than 15 years are out.Seeing that happen more and more.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ha

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Do you really think the Mexicans are getting good insurance,pension plans? I really kinda doubt it. I remember when one of the first companies that moved down there(Magnavox)and the article showed the nice new roads leading into and out of the plant,but the workers who lived around the plant had mud roads and lived in falling down tin roofed shacks.Doubt if anything has changed much,if it has why are they and half of South America still showing up at our door steps or already here. Pay back is coming for these companies and the "ignition problem" imo is just the start.I never cared for unions,I live in a right to work state,but companies like these,plus companies like Walmart that refuses to pay a decent wage to workers,but owners have billions,would make Old Sam turn over in his grave.World's changing too fast and I fear for my son and grand daughter who will have no pension,but forced to save on their own. The wife is retiring in March and one of the last ones that does have a pension.Worked almost 46 years to get it,but new hires or ones that have less than 15 years are out.Seeing that happen more and more.
Where is the good insurance and pension plans in the US? G.M. Mexico offers both health insurance and a 401k. I've visited them a couple times and the area and towns around the plant was Ok but you wouldn't want to travel outside of them too far, not sure if that's GM fault? The companies are good for Mexico but bad for the United States.
I have never worked for a union so I have no opinion.
I kind of agree about walmart, but for different reasons.
All I originally wanted was to know what American made ATV to buy so I can help keep Americans working, this is way too deep for me so you win!!

Old 01-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by stu west
All I originally wanted was to know what American made ATV to buy so I can help keep Americans working!
Can't really tell you as there's isn't such a thing as an "American made" atv any more same as there isn't an all American made auto either.Some may still be assembled here,but parts come from all over.Just pick one that suits your needs and cross your fingers that you get good service out of it.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Arctic cat makes, or made, some ATVs in the US and some somewhere else like Japan. Just check the VIN on an AC or Polaris to see where it's made. If it starts with a 1, 4, or 5 it's US made. Around here a 3 would be Mexico but it's also other things in different parts of the world depending on what the second digit is, and 2 is Canada.