STOLEN This area is for listing STOLEN ATV's, Motorcycles, Boats, Snowmobiles, Toys, ETC:.

Trailer Gator

Old 06-04-2016, 06:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer Gator

My son bought me this cool device. It wraps around the trailer hitch ball assembly and locks. It is the only hitch lock that prevents the ball assembly from being unbolted from the trailer frame. Check it out Trailergator.com

Old 06-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

No device is 100% secure. Watching the vid i seen 2 ways this could be bypassed within a min. A couple of improvements and it could be almost fool proof.. If your worried about people unbolting your hitch a few spot welds will cure that.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Legally you can only shoot a thief inside your house at night. Up here in Maine, thieves have been known to crawl outside the house try to steal your stuff, then crawl back into the house after dark with a knife in their hand, then die in a knife vs gun fight. I have little use for a thief.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrex
Legally you can only shoot a thief inside your house at night. Up here in Maine, thieves have been known to crawl outside the house try to steal your stuff, then crawl back into the house after dark with a knife in their hand, then die in a knife vs gun fight. I have little use for a thief.
Ahhh, the old, never bring a knife to a gun fight, scenario.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrex
Welcome to Texas. Steal my stuff and I can shoot day or night.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This product looks like it would definitely deter thieves on looks alone. But as one person said in the youtube comments, it doesn't make the trailer difficult to move by hand. A thief can simply load it onto a larger trailer and drive off. Using something like this to secure the trailer to your receiver hitch on your truck would seem to be a better idea. Back your truck up to a fence or tree, bolt and lock something like this on and the thief would have to move the truck to steal the trailer. Or put up a dual tall barbwire fence like prisons have to make it difficult for anyone to even get in your yard. If they manage to cut through one fence, then they have a 2nd to get through to just get inside the yard.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I saw an advertisement for a tracking device used on motorcycles so if they are stolen you can track the thief. They appear to be quite small and easy to hide somewhere in a not obvious spot. Works from your smart phone or a tracking unit can be purchased. I think I would want to confront the thief and watch him get handcuffed and off to jail. If he decides to get violent...well that's why we have laws that allow us to defend ourselves. I know years back when my atv's were stolen, I was lucky enough to be able to introduce the thiefs to my close friend Mr .357... and yes the pleasure was all mine!
Many years back when CB radios were very popular there was a rash of stolen ones from the semi trucks right out of their parking spots at the truck stops. At the time I was bowling in a league with a large number of truck drivers. So the story goes...an certain person created a homing device that fit inside a CB radio that when the CB was taken so far away from the truck it exploded from a small pack of C4 inside the radio if it wasn't disarmed. There were a number of unexplained explosions about a mile from a particular truck stop inside of a one week period that police could never explain. After that CB radios were hardly ever stolen from that truck stop after that. To bad some creative minds couldn't develop something like that again. As it has been said before, I have no remorse or conscious for a thief...

Old 06-11-2016, 06:47 PM
Super Quad Patrol

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
I saw an advertisement for a tracking device used on motorcycles so if they are stolen you can track the thief. They appear to be quite small and easy to hide somewhere in a not obvious spot. Works from your smart phone or a tracking unit can be purchased. I think I would want to confront the thief and watch him get handcuffed and off to jail. If he decides to get violent...well that's why we have laws that allow us to defend ourselves. I know years back when my atv's were stolen, I was lucky enough to be able to introduce the thiefs to my close friend Mr .357... and yes the pleasure was all mine!
Many years back when CB radios were very popular there was a rash of stolen ones from the semi trucks right out of their parking spots at the truck stops. At the time I was bowling in a league with a large number of truck drivers. So the story goes...an certain person created a homing device that fit inside a CB radio that when the CB was taken so far away from the truck it exploded from a small pack of C4 inside the radio if it wasn't disarmed. There were a number of unexplained explosions about a mile from a particular truck stop inside of a one week period that police could never explain. After that CB radios were hardly ever stolen from that truck stop after that. To bad some creative minds couldn't develop something like that again. As it has been said before, I have no remorse or conscious for a thief...
I have one of those gps trackers on my quad. Quite small and you can hid it any ware. As soon as my machine moves it sends me a txt msg. Works pretty good even if its windy outside and the wind shakes my machine i get a txt. You have to watch what you buy as their is a round of ones that are cell based technology and no ware near as good as the gps versions.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

They really sound like a cool idea, have no idea how expensive they are but if I could not secure my expensive UTV I would definitely buy one. Sure would be fun to catch them in the act!!

Old 06-12-2016, 11:23 AM
Super Quad Patrol

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
They really sound like a cool idea, have no idea how expensive they are but if I could not secure my expensive UTV I would definitely buy one. Sure would be fun to catch them in the act!!
I paid $100 CAD for my spot trace and $100 a year for service. This year i threatened to cancel it and got it for $50 a year. I have my units secured pretty good but that extra pc of mind is handy. Especially if stolen i have to wait a month for insurance to pony up money.

Only thing i don't like is is asks for a specific AAA battery but i just use a good quality AAA and it does not like that as it will send me a battery alert msg as well.. To hard wire it in they claim it is no longer water proof so i deal with changing the battery every 6 months