STOLEN This area is for listing STOLEN ATV's, Motorcycles, Boats, Snowmobiles, Toys, ETC:.

What insurance do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 12:19 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What insurance do you have?

If your quad is stolen you'll be glad you have insurance. I know I've mentioned in in other threads but I have Progressive insurance on my quad. It seems like the longer I'm with them the lower my payments are. This year it's only $75 for the whole year and I've had some claims in the past. I'm lucky they didn't drop me years ago.

I can't get ATV coverage on my home owners insurance like I've heard a few people say they got. Anyway I was wondering what insurance you guys have and how much you pay for it. My GPS mount, winch, and snow plow, etc. are covered too so I think $75 is very reasonable but maybe there's something even cheaper I could get.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I have Progressive also. Only had it for 2 years so far. Here in Mass. it was about $225 the first year. But, that's on a quad worth $13,000. It has gone down to about $200 so far. Haven't had to use it but it's good peace of mind.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

While not a fan of progressive ins in any way that is the company that insures my UTV. When shopping for ins they were one of only a few that had any interest in insuring my utv unless I switched my house and car over. My current home and auto does not have utv coverage and some of the estimates were 200 plus per year. I now pay 130 per year for full coverage and for a 12g machine with all its accessories. Being semi-retired I also carry higher limits than many other riders might carry.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I go with Allstate myself. The only thing I don't like about Progressive or some of these other internet based insurance companies is that many of them don't have local agents. I've had the same agent for the last 14 years with Allstate. While I do make most of my payments online, I can go in there anytime and talk if I have any questions or add a new vehicle to my policy. I actually just bought a newer car about a month ago and my auto rates didn't go up too much even though I went from a very cheap old worn out car to a car worth about 10 times as much. Bundling your policies together with the same company does generally save you money though. They will reward you a bit for having all your insurance with the same company. It makes things simpler if you ever have a claim. Like for instance if you have homeowners with one company and car insurance with another and a storm for example causes your garage to fall on your vehicle, then you have to contact 2 companies to get it resolved. Not likely to happen but its something to think about.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:07 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Progressive agent is only 4 miles away from me. If I didn't have a local agent I think I'd get someone else to insure me. I have my home and auto coverage with another company. My only gripe about Progressive is that I'm only covered for whatever amount KBB or NADA says it worth in used condition but I think everyone does that. If it was covered for the replacement cost of a new one the insurance would be too high.

Old 11-20-2016, 07:28 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I have the house, cars and bikes insured through Allstate. They wanted too much for the atv's. Went with Markel one them. Much cheaper, but never had a claim so can't say how they treat those.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:38 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

I remember back when Dairyland insurance company was the cheapest around for street bikes and autos before 4 wheelers hit the scene. They're still in business but on their website now off road vehicle aren't even listed. Guess they didn't want the hassle.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I have had some very bad dealings with Allstate so I wont use them at any cost. Had Progressive for my home some years back and after a tornado it took 2 years to get it settled so I no longer use them for my home either. I have an Independent agent that represents many different companies but I will not do online business with any insurance company...I want an agent to deal with. I use another company for my home and auto but progressive was by far the less costly for my UTV. My policy calls for full replacement at purchase cost for first 6 months then of course prorated after that. I have had to use progressive claim service in the past for car issues and they were great, can't say that about their home insurance though!! Just got to find what works for ya at an affordable cost!!

Old 11-20-2016, 01:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like Progressive is a good choice. I have had no issues with Allstate over the years but Progressive definitely sounds like it costs less and gives great service. I guess I was confusing Progressive with some other online insurance companies that don't have local agents. I will refrain from mentioning any more as I could be wrong about those as well.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:52 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Man i wish over here in Canada you could get insurance that cheap. Im paying about $450 a year for everything. This year im cutting it back to just fire and theft that will probably bring it down to the $250 mark