Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

why did they stop making the quadzilla

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 04:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why did they stop making the quadzilla

i think he was laughing at your dad, not believing him.

Old 10-05-2004, 06:35 AM
Pro Rider

Why would we like to know some tall tale your dad told you, that you believed?

Old 10-05-2004, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MBrooks420
Why would we like to know some tall tale your dad told you, that you believed?
lol, yea, ask your dad abouit that story again and find out some details, i guarntee its not true, so why would he even lie to you??

Old 10-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Trailblazer

He doesn't lie to me, he just likes to tell those storiesof his and I will ask my Dad about it and he won't lie to me but his friend really does build quads from old beat up ones. I watch him sometimes.

Old 11-04-2015, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by LTrider4life
When I was about 14 I went to the suzuki yami dealership and asked the sales guy what the fastest quad they have was and he told me obviously the (banshee)... This was like 1995. Well anyway he was like when I first started working here they used to sell the Quadzilla and that was by far the fastest quad but too many people were getting killed on them so they stopped producing them. The same thing happened to trikes a few years before. Whowever said why do they still make GSXR's.... blah blah, blah.... A motorcycle going 80mph on a flat road is one thing but doing 80mph over bumpy terrain on a quad is deadly.
Banshee's have between 34-36hp stock not near the power of the zilla. They weigh almost 400 pounds making them slower and safer.... also if you read the newest issue of atv action and the review of the banshee it even states that in 1987 atv's were being reviewed by the consumer safty board. This is why yamaha choked up the banshee motor to limit the power and also why the footpegs are so high up and foward... (stated in the article) this was designed to keep the banshee from wheelying. It def works a stock banshee does not wheely even on the street!!! This makes it much more idiot proof and when you produce an atv you can be sure that plenty of idiots will buy them.... yamaha new this!!! in 87 Suzuki fired back at yamaha buy making a quad that would blow away all the competition (zilla).... however it was too good and too fast.
Dirt bikes don't suffer so much from consumer safety board flack because most people ride 125's and no one is going to have the cojones to ride a dirtbike 250 or up with no experience. Most people race dirt bikes and no what they are doing. Ive met far more idiots on quads than i have on dirtbikes. I let my girl ride my blaster and yes she could have possibly gotten injured...... However she would be perfectly safe on my dirtbike or a cr500 for that matter because i would never ever ever let her ride something like that. On countless occasions I have seen idiots at a 4th of july party drinking beers and letting everyone at the party ride their new quad up and down the street with sandals and no helmet. Little kids ride up and down my road all day on quads with no helmets on and girls on the back. I have never seen anything like that on a dirtbike. Quads (and 20 years ago trikes) give people a false sense of security and too much confidence in their ability. Hence the injuries.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:22 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by quadzillahandler
you just replied to a 11 year old thread...

Old 11-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer
Default quadzilla

Originally Posted by atvcollector
you just replied to a 11 year old thread...
I didn`t read all the b.s. on this subject, did catch it to be an old thread that someone re started. I had an 87 QUADRACER w/ the comp. bumped up, and the head bolt mod. , and an 89, both were piped and jetted, the 89 was faster than the 87, the 89 had a hair better shocks(not much) and I can tell you Suzuki did get sued by a bunch of people over that bike. I read one lawsuit where there were 2 idiots climbing hills at night while having a few, they sued Suzuki and won the lawsuit by one of out liberal judges, don`t remember his name. all this was going on when they were talking about trying to ban atv`s altogether. the 500 was a great machine, w/ a narrower frame and longer a arms and elec. start it would be even better! I LOVED MINE ! fond memories of smoking a hot 3 wheel 250? r Honda that was outrunning everything on comp hill at Dumont dunes one time. now, people want elec. start and fuel injection, "me included!" I`m 69 and ride a kfx700 and love it. also they were 40 something horses stock, were radared at 80mph bone stock, at 3000 feet altitude(el mirage dry lake. my 89 would smoke a stock one easy. if you didn`t figure out how to start them they could be a pain in the but too ! would I like to have another one? yes, but I`m not going to ride it that much ,and ain`t payin as much as they cost new either. sorry for the long post, but thot some one should speak up that knows something about them !---------bob

was just talking to my son about putting a 500 quadzilla engine on his 450 quad racer, that might be a reall kick-AS$ MACHINE !

Last edited by wedgeracer; 11-08-2015 at 01:56 PM. Reason: addition