Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I hit a TREE...help

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Wax
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hit a TREE...help

I hit a tree at a slow speed and now my tire is angled to the right.Everything is still tight and it drives nice but it needs an adjustment for sure. How much does a front end alignment usually cost on a 400 Eiger? nothing appears to be bent...but the wheel has a severe" toe" or "camfer" any help will be greatly appriciated. thanks
WAX

Old 08-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

you must of bent a tie rod. buy a new and you can do it yourself

Old 08-09-2004, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

before you go out and buy a bunch of shi t i would put ur quad on a trailer, take it to a dealer, and just ask them WHAT IT WOULD TAKE to fix it. They are trained to do that. If you spend a bunch of money on stuff, and it dont fix it, then ur screwed. You can do everything your self, just need a little advice, thats all!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2004, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

Alignment 101 toe is adjusted by the tie rods in or out . Think of toe as the way that the tires turn left to right. Toed in is tires pointing twords each other. Toed out the tires would be tryng to each turn to their own side. Camber is usally addjusted w/shims on the control arms or the a arms will have a threaded adj. Camber is measured in the relationship of the wheel at a 90 degree angle to the ground. An example of camber that you can see is on the front axil of a ford truck and on the rear of a vw bug. The way the tires tip in and out. Caster is like the forks of a motorbike . On a crotch rocket the forks are more straight up and down giving better handling. A moto-x bike the front wheel is moved further forward to increase stability. This is examples of caster.