Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

suki 400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 12:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suki 400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only probs i had with mine is the stock fuel petcock took a dump on me and the stock fan
Can you explain a lil better why did this happen though. Was it for a good reason. Lack of maintnance or something. As long as you do there regular maintnance itll be fine. Ok im farely good at mechanic's right. So with regular tools i can do all my maintnance to the quad or do you guys suggest taking it to get it done. Or is it better idea to get the damn book and follow through it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: QuadRida
only probs i had with mine is the stock fuel petcock took a dump on me and the stock fan
Can you explain a lil better why did this happen though. Was it for a good reason. Lack of maintnance or something. As long as you do there regular maintnance itll be fine. Ok im farely good at mechanic's right. So with regular tools i can do all my maintnance to the quad or do you guys suggest taking it to get it done. Or is it better idea to get the damn book and follow through it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

the fuel petcock i have no clue.....dealer didn't have an idea either but it crapped out...dealer replaced it with a pingle manual valve so i don't have to worry about being vacuum actuated n e more.....so for the fan im in the process of tearing it down and figuring it out. but from what ive read seems like the fan has an intake tube on it and its facing up and when water gets in it it just causes the fan to seize up and apparently thats what happened to mine......i ride in a lot of mud and water and wasn't aware of this prob so i didn't know to check the fan intake tube....the quad is well maintained.....buddy i ride with has been riding dirtbikes for over 20 years and he helps me do all my maintance.....so im chalking it up to bad luck on the fuel petcock and as for the fan.....just not well informed

Old 01-27-2005, 01:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

oh ok so thats something ill keep in mine then. Do you have an extended warrenty on your though. would you recomend getting an extended warrenty. Thatll be cool if they had something like the cars do 3 years free maintnance lol!!! huh But yeah ill mostlikly be doing all the maintnance my self hopefully i wont break anything. Ill just be very carefull.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2005, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

My z400 is very reliable. The only quad i would buy right now is the Z400. Even if i had a choice of a 450 i would still go for the Z. I like it because it is reliable, has reverse, is liquid cooled, even more awesome with a pipe, and not to mention looks pretty sweet too! I would obvoiusly so go for the Z400 all the way, you wont be dissapointed.

Old 01-29-2005, 12:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah i know what your saying then again once you want some real power you can open them up. But for the money to buy all tht you wont really be tripping out if its reliable . Youll probably be doing more drag or something. Oh and where is there a place where i can get a good service manual for cheap?

Old 01-29-2005, 12:24 AM
Range Rover

I got a cd service manual on ebay for $1.99 + $5.01 shipping. More available on ebay. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]