Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

DirtWheels Article comparing the Quadzilla to Banshee

Old 08-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DirtWheels Article comparing the Quadzilla to Banshee

Originally posted by: midnite
Stock vs stock, lt 500 smokes banshee, and has better suspension. Keep in mind the stock banshee pipes are a joke. A piped and ported lt 500 vs a piped, ported banshee is a different story. The lt500 is a slow rever, with lots of low and mid power and decent top end power. The banshee is a quick reving top end power bike. The stock shee pipes kill top end power. The lt 500 is great machine tho.
Hmmm, my 500 is not a slow rever ???

Old 08-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with duneaddict. A lot of Banshee owners think 500's are slow revers for some reason. Truth is, even in the Banshees powerband RPM range, the 500 will out accelerate it. It's just that you don't feel it come on as hard since it already had a lot of power at the lower revs. It's always there. Even the magazine article said the Suzuki's power feels lazy. I've got it in front of me this time:

"Suzuki's LT500 power feels almost lazy in comparison. It's always there, easy to find, and once on the top end, will accelerate faster than any other production four-wheeler made. The Suzuki was also easier to make power-on shifts than the Yamaha."

Also, if you think a Banshee's stock pipes are a joke, ride an uncorked Zilla. Granted, there are tons of great aftermarket parts for the Shees, but mod for mod, it won't touch a 500. It's just that at a certain point, you run out of off the shelf mods for a 500 (like aftermarket cylinders) and people have to fabricate/modify their own.

Old 08-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yagerzzz

Also, if you think a Banshee's stock pipes are a joke, ride an uncorked Zilla. Granted, there are tons of great aftermarket parts for the Shees, but mod for mod, it won't touch a 500.
LOL, yeah right... Dream on dude!!! Mod for Mod a Banshee will smoke a lt500...

Old 08-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

The zilla still rules after 18years now thats an achievement. Hope that people keep their zillas going they are one legend of a quad. Altough I persume a more powerful quad is due soon. Hope I can keep my zilla goin for as long as I can.

Old 08-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

enFORCER, that's ridiculous. Do you know what the term mod for mod even means? Take the 2 machines in bone stock form. Zilla smokes the Banshee. Add just a good pipe and appropriate jetting to both, Zilla still smokes it. Port both machines relatively equally, still no change in results. See a pattern here? It's not until you start putting on mods that aren't available for the 500 (which defeats the term "mod for mod") before the Banshee can top a 500.

I think you saw my statement as a 500 can beat any modded Banshee which is not at all what I'm saying. Obviously, you having a Cheetah Banshee with nearly a 60% increase in stock displacement is something that can never be duplicated on a 500 due to lack of suppliers of the needed parts. If you could build an 800cc Zilla (500 x 1.6) with relatively the same lightened drag parts that you have on your Banshee, I'm sure it would spank your Cheetah.

Old 08-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmmm, so what your saying is it takes a zilla with 300 more cc's just to compete with a Banshee? 500cc's vs 500cc's is not fair?????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

Once again, you're having trouble understanding my post. What I'm saying is mod for mod, the zilla will win. Do you have to modify a Banshee to get 500cc's? Yes, last time I checked. Do you have to modify a QuadZilla to get 500cc's? Yea, 1/2 a cc.

It's one thing if you simply bored your Yamaha cylinder for a little more disp. That could be done on a Zilla also. But to have an entirely different jug, come on. That's hardly even still a Yamaha, much less a Banshee. Using your logic, I guess I could put a Yamaha R1 motor in a Blaster chassis, out drag a modded Banshee, and claim that a modded Blaster can beat a modded Banshee. At least the R1 block would still be made by Yamaha unlike your Cheetah.

I do agree with you though that a 500cc Banshee is a fair comparison to 500cc LT. It's just a shame you've got to build a 500cc Banshee with nearly all aftermarket parts when you can just modify a stock LT motor and have a competitor. I truly am sorry for you and your wallet that Yamaha didn't build the Banshee from the factory with enough bore and stroke so that you didn't have to buy a different motor to get the performance you want. LOL

Old 08-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

LOL!!!! Do you ever bring that bad *** zilla to St.Joe state park???
I never see any fast zillas down there.... And if you ever do there are quiet a few 350 Banshee that will smoke your lt500... Last year I ran a stock stroke ported 350 that made 70hp... It would make you zilla look real bad.....

Old 08-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: enFORCER
Last year I ran a stock stroke ported 350 that made 70hp... It would make you zilla look real bad.....
Congratulations. Now, if you'd tell me every mod you had on that bike and in the motor (ie. Alky, nitrous, extended swingarm, etc. ) I'm saying a quadzilla with the same relative mods would be faster. It had to have some pretty extensive work to get to 70HP. Don't tell me it was just ported. Are you sure that wasn't the HP of your van hauling your shee? LOL

Remember, this didn't start out as a "my quad is faster than your quad" war. We were talking about two bikes having equal mods, which is faster. For a guy who is supposed to offer sarcasm, you sure do get your panties in a bunch awfully quickly.

OH yea, nothing makes my zilla look bad, especially not a shee which is the ugliest bike ever built. (This sarcasm stuff is really fun.)

Old 08-04-2005, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

LOL, I'm not the one with their panties in a bunch..... You are...
Now pull up those big girl panties and stop calling other peoples quad ugly![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Never claimed my quad was faster LOL, but we both know it is......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DirtWheels Article comparing the Quadzilla to Banshee