Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Howdy all! Just haven't had much time to post lately..it's not the job I'm addicted to, just the paychecks!

hey atomic punk how do those tires on ur suzuki hook up?
Actually, I found that they weren't very good in the soft sand on an incline, but they were 3-4 years old when I got the machine too. I ended up buying Razr's at the end of last season & so far they've done the job.

Hopefully it'll get bit warmer here soon & I can get to work on the 230e. I picked it up from a customer of mine for $150 & it is supposed to run & he gave me a new seat & cover for it. It needs some TLC for sure, but I'm going to try & get it in decent shape for a total of $500 or less. I picked up a few new parts for it & a USC plastic welding kit with the orange rods to try my hand at repairing the fenders. I will post some pix & my progress as I can.

Later!

Old 03-20-2007, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AtomicPunk
Howdy all! Just haven't had much time to post lately..it's not the job I'm addicted to, just the paychecks!

hey atomic punk how do those tires on ur suzuki hook up?
Actually, I found that they weren't very good in the soft sand on an incline, but they were 3-4 years old when I got the machine too. I ended up buying Razr's at the end of last season & so far they've done the job.

Hopefully it'll get bit warmer here soon & I can get to work on the 230e. I picked it up from a customer of mine for $150 & it is supposed to run & he gave me a new seat & cover for it. It needs some TLC for sure, but I'm going to try & get it in decent shape for a total of $500 or less. I picked up a few new parts for it & a USC plastic welding kit with the orange rods to try my hand at repairing the fenders. I will post some pix & my progress as I can.

Later!

A budget? Yeah, I started with one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shot to hell in a handbasket, but loving every minute of it!
Thx for playin!

Old 03-21-2007, 07:19 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by: quadsport230
im one cheap bastard, i cant bring myself to spend 125 on an axle, anyone know how much stronger it is than the old one?
I agree Q.S.230 if you cant come off 125.00 for a BRAND new axle, you are a cheap bastard.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

B.M.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

What's the use of a front bumper? I'm thinking of not putting mine back on.

Also, I think I read that 400ex wheels will fit on a 230s. Is that correct?

And to PoolGod, you wanting to sell that stage one cam when you get the stage 2 in?

Old 03-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

maybe ill do it but, income is really low because im 16 just bought me a truck and lost my job. i think i just have 1,000 dollars. but BigMc what are you saying about finidng hubs the stock ones wont work??

Old 03-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: quadsport230
maybe ill do it but, income is really low because im 16 just bought me a truck and lost my job. i think i just have 1,000 dollars. but BigMc what are you saying about finidng hubs the stock ones wont work??
QS230, what most of us would not give to be 16 again![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And as much as I hate to say it, save your money, buy a house!!!! I know ya probably have people preaching at you all the time, but this is the most sound advice givin to me MANY years ago. Actually it is probably the only advice I followed.......

I bought my first house at 18 years old, just a step up from the ghetto I grew up in. Many sacrafices to make the payment, but if your focused on the GOAL you can deal. All my buddies were were still living at home, had cool cars, all the toys, and HUGE payments on credit cards at 19-25% interest to prove it.

1 year after buying that house I sold it for 3 times what I bought it for, bought a BETTER house with a bigger down payment, therefore a smaller monthly payment, AND paid for a new toy, sandrail I believe, don't matter what it was, I paid cash for it, face value, NO INTEREST!

My buddies on the other hand, were still at home with their folks, making payments on the toys they "bought" with their cards, but got repo'ed, or they were paying double cause of the interest....

Fast forward many years, and many houses later, I am spending a small fortune on a 21 year old quad because I can, and it it is a sense of pride to have done this almost on my own. I have a new quad I can ride, but I choose to the old gal, cause, I built/am rebuilding her because next to my wife, she is the best ride ever![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I am not rich, except in family. But I can tell you, if you are somewhat smart with your money early in life...........It gets much easier, faster

Sorry again for preaching, but at work I am surrounded by kids that have ZERO common sense, less ambition, and no desire to learn from their mistakes or anyone elses.

Now that I sound like a complete tool, make that quad go as cheap as possible, bailing wire and bubble gum!

Old 03-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

BigMc, check out my newest addition! Last pic on my page, you got the same one don't ya?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2007, 11:34 PM
BigMc

Originally posted by: PoolGod230
BigMc, check out my newest addition! Last pic on my page, you got the same one don't ya?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
85?

Old 03-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

1985 yes sir! Second owner!

And sorry QS230, about that rant about buying a house. That was not me! My wife decided she wanted to jump in to this little chat to educate the the youth of America under the guise of PoolGod230!! Though good advice, this is not the place for it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I informed her if she wants to play in here, keep it to fun stuff and do it with her own logon!

Old 03-22-2007, 04:05 PM
BigMc

Originally posted by: PoolGod230
1985 yes sir! Second owner!And sorry QS230, about that rant about buying a house. That was not me! My wife decided she wanted to jump in to this little chat to educate the the youth of America under the guise of PoolGod230!! Though good advice, this is not the place for it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I informed her if she wants to play in here, keep it to fun stuff and do it with her own logon!
Off Subject (again)
My 85 was a basket case when I bought it for $150.00. Its sloooooowly coming together but I need a left center case. The one on it has been welded up but the shift shaft through put is warped. When I put it back together, the shifter will not move freely. It will not go back to the center position after shifting up or down. I cant see spending $300.00 for a new case half. I watch ebay for a good deal on a used unit. But so far,no luck.
P.G. you live in the "land of sand", maybe you know someone that has a spare laying around. They may even want to part with it for a reasonable price.
Common man...................hook a brotha up.
Theres a brand new 230s twist throttle kit in it for ya ( if you want/need it of course).

Latter.
BigMc

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.