Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

eiger 4x4 snorkel

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eiger 4x4 snorkel

any comments or suggestions about a snorkel for a 05 eiger 4x4.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

It's pretty straightforward with the manual. If I can get pics, I'll walk you through what I did on mine.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Trailblazer

baf004:

If you could post pictures that would be great.

I am interested in which hoses you had to vent. The Air intake looks pretty easy, loosen the clamp, add a hose and then a pipe. It is just where you route the hose/pipe.

I know there is one smaller black hose that goes to the carb, I am assuming you need to snorkle that also.

I am interested to see how you snorkled the HMF exhaust.

Also wondering how to ensure enough air flow with the snorkle.

I always see them with the elbow on top so the opening is facing down and to the back.

Could you face the opening forward like an air scoop? You would have to put a screen or something to stop depris from getting in ( I was thinking about a piece of pre-filter), but I have woundered if that would help increase air flow.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I appreciate the reply and the pics would be great, esp in trying to figure out the best route for the hoses and the carb vent. i have a jet kit ordered and havent decided if i want to try and intall or or just let someone do it who knows what they are doing.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer

I installed a moose jet kit in mine, all brands are about the same. It only takes simple hand tools to install.

---------------------------------

05 Eiger 400 Manual
Jet Kit
27" Outlaws
2500 pound winch
Highlifter Lift
HMF Exaust

Old 10-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/baf004/my_photos

Here's my photo album, sorry it took me so long to get pics up.

The intake snorkel was created from 2 pcs. of 1 1/2" flex radiator hose, a 1 1/2" no hub connector, and a 1 1/2" pvc L. I glued it all together with plumbers goop. It's the best stuff for waterproofing, hands down. I also sprayed the duplicolor truck bed coating on the pvc and the square tubing support. It is holding up great and matches the radiator hose quite nicely.

The little quick release pvc T that you see above the airbox has the carb vent and the fan vent run up to it. Then the outlet is run up to the snorkel support above the front rack. I sealed this up with standard rain or shine pvc glue, since the quick release won't really be necessary.

The exhaust snorkel is a stock hmf endcap with some standard exhaust tubing jammed inside. I drilled 4 holes and popped rivets inside to keep it from falling out. I also made a gasket with RTV silicone on the end cap to prevent any water coming in. I also RTV'd the outside and inside of the end cap where the exhaust tubing is jammed inside. It also helped the RTV the heads of the pop rivets to keep air from escaping/water from entering through them. As you can see, I don't have it mounted up right now. I just got a new end cap to put on whenever I don't need the snorkel.

I like the HMF sound with both the stock end cap or the snorkeled end cap. It's crazy loud with the extra pipe sticking up in the back, and without the snorkel it's got a mean low rumble to it.

Anyhow, if you have any questions after viewing the pics, please just let me know.

-Blake

Old 10-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer

Great pics, thanks for posting. I was not aware of the fan vent, I will have to look for that one.

Did the snorkle effect your jetting / airflow?

If so, what where you running before you snorkled and what did you have to change to?

Old 10-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

I did the snorkel and pipe at the same time to get the whole jetting project out of the way. The HMF came with a jet and it seems to be exactly the one I needed. I ordered the HMF and UNI filter as a kit off of ebay, so I'm not sure if the seller threw the jet in or if the pipe comes with the jet if ordered from HMF. I just put the jet in and it worked, so I never had to check/change sizes.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Trailblazer

Baf, thanks for the pics, it does not seem like that tough of a installation. Plus parts prices, compaired to a kit you buy is hands down! Have you had any issues with running the 27x12's on the front of your bike? I have the exact bike, and was thinking of trading my front 27x10's for the twelves.

Old 10-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've got 27x9.5x12 on the front. The widest I've had is a 10" executioner. I didn't have any problems with them.

Quick Reply: eiger 4x4 snorkel