Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

ATTN: Suzuki Vinson 500 owners

Old 03-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN: Suzuki Vinson 500 owners

How do ya'll like them? What do you like and what do you not like? Have ya'll ever had any problems with them? How is the power?

Old 03-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Trailblazer

Before I bought mine I did alot of research! I feel for a 500cc machine the power is one of the best out there. For allaround use you can't beat it. Trail ridding, mud, hunting etc.. I have not had any probs with mine yet. The only thing I wish it had was a locking front 4x4. "But it seems to do just fine without one". If you don't plan on going any bigger than 500cc get the vinson. I'm sure you will be happy with it if you maintain it.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

i was searching for price, durability, and power. i read the reviews and talkt to dealers & owners.

i have yet to be dissapionted in the first 50 miles i've put on my '07 Vinson!! after a 9hour trail ride this weekend, i was even happier with my descision. riding threw wood trails, mud trails, and a couple mud holes (nothing over the bottom of the engine), i followed some of the ArticCats, and forman's with a set of 27's (although i do have to say some of that goes to the driver)!! and as i was climing some inclines in 2nd & a couple in 3rd, others were in 1st! the Vinson's have more low end grunt, and probably geared more for low end also, but will also run with the Pack at the top end too! LOW range is awsome, especialy for that "stuck" friend after he finds out how deap a hole is! and for towing/tugging around the house!

i don'tplan on any "snorkling" like some guys do, and after this weekend, about all i'm looking for is a good set of mud grips!

Old 03-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

My '02 Vinson has 600+ hard miles on it and has always performed great and is a fun comfortable machine with plent of power. That said... shift linkage has been notchy since new and I have had to take it apart to clean and adjust. I now have lost "Park" and that's irritating. I do wish it had front diff lock and override for that reversing safety thing. Sometimes you need that reverse power in the mud. Overall I've loved the machine for 5 years now.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

02 vinsons had that problem there is a update the dealer dosent say anthing about because you gotta split the engine and change gears if you go to the dealer and complain they will do the update for free i worked for a suzuki dealer for a littel while .and i had to do this update to an 02 it like a 1500 dollar job but suzuki will do it fir free they just dont advetise this.because it is suck a big job.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:47 AM
Trailblazer

I recently bought a left over '06 vinson 5-speed. Like a lot of other people I researched quite a bit. Also, I have a friend who is a photographer for a big atv magazine and have tested many of the quads he has had access to. With all that in mind, I chose the vinson. After about a month and between 100 and 200 miles, I am very happy with the choice. Although full size, it handles nimbly and rides smooth. The choices of high and low range, 2-wheel or 4-wheel drive and 5 manual gears, make for very specific selections while hill climbing, hill descending or anything else. Also, it has all the power I think I will ever need. In hindsight, I would only buy another vinson if I were to purchase again. Not bad for $5299 out the door.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Trailblazer

I have a bone stock 2003 Vinson 5 Speed with 275 Hours and 2800 Miles and have never had a problem with it. All of the riding has been on rocky mining roads in Arizona. Some of my favorite things about it are: The 5 speed transmission. It has a huge amount of torque at low RPM's and runs very smooth with very little vibration. It also has a pretty high top speed of 64 MPH. It has high and low range in both forward and reverse, I think it may be the only newer machine with that feature except for maybe the Arctic Cat 500 since it uses the same engine. Most machines are geared way to high in reverse and don't have the power to back out of some situations. It also handles well for a utility quad. My dislikes are: The stock tires are wimpy. No front differential lock; on level ground both tires spin together fine but when one front tire leaves the ground it likes to spin and the one with traction doesn't get power. You can put slight pressure on the front brake to make both tires engage if one isn't turning but a differential lock would be better. If I was going to buy another machine it would probably be another Vinson. The main reason is the lack of other machines with manual transmissions. Belt drives rev too high when 95% of the time, being in the power band isn't neccessary, sucking gas, making noise, and prematurely wearing out the engine.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:15 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Here is a Vinson in a shootout with other 500cc utility ATVs ,they seem to like it rather well.Vinson vs the rest.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

I love my vinny, its an 03 and it has about 2500 of the most hellish miles a quad has ever seen on it and the only problems I have had is a couple of broken cv shafts. The only reason I broke shafts is because first of all Iv got mudlite XL's on it and I pull my 24 foot boat behind it with about 200 pounds of weight on the front end. These things are indestructible otherwise. I can not say enough about the durability. The performance is awsome for a 500 as well. I have never had a problem staying with or even leading a pack of big bore quads, and handels better than any irs quad out there

Old 01-20-2014, 07:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default im currently looking for and atv

Originally Posted by vinson27
I recently bought a left over '06 vinson 5-speed. Like a lot of other people I researched quite a bit. Also, I have a friend who is a photographer for a big atv magazine and have tested many of the quads he has had access to. With all that in mind, I chose the vinson. After about a month and between 100 and 200 miles, I am very happy with the choice. Although full size, it handles nimbly and rides smooth. The choices of high and low range, 2-wheel or 4-wheel drive and 5 manual gears, make for very specific selections while hill climbing, hill descending or anything else. Also, it has all the power I think I will ever need. In hindsight, I would only buy another vinson if I were to purchase again. Not bad for $5299 out the door.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
i got all into the honda rubacon but when i noticed it had transmission problems and 4x4 atvs i can pick up for 3 grand with not many issues?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ATTN: Suzuki Vinson 500 owners