Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Carb Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb Help Please

I used the search forum tool to see if anyone has had this problem before but it appears knowone has been as dumb as me. lol.

Well i was disassembling my carb to clean it and I unscrewed the two screws that hold the golden circular flap inside. I thought they felt kinda tight coming out i just thought they had a bit of some thread locker on them. Well come to find out the tightness was me strippin the screws.
Ive tried to put them in with some pressure but it doesnt even seem to be doing anything. Ive checked my other carbs to see if they are tight and they are so I didn't unscrew them anymore to screw them up as well. Does anyone know the correct thread size i need to buy to replace them? I just bought the carb so I want to try and fix it. Thanks in advance!

Old 01-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sometimes the parts diagrams here will show the screw size n thread. Alpha Sports - Suzuki ATV Parts Catalog

Old 01-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default carb

hey
ok most carbs are made of a very soft metal and so are the screws. why they do this is beyond me but it isnt necessarily pressure you apply you must be very gentle. the screws you need to replace are more than likely reproduced and you simply need to look up your carb and find repair kits. complete screw kits should be fairly cheap.
hope i helped

Old 01-20-2010, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by JustRandy
Sometimes the parts diagrams here will show the screw size n thread. Alpha Sports - Suzuki ATV Parts Catalog
that is the same picture in my clymer repair manual it doesnt show the flap on the inside of the carb. :/

Old 01-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by trailblazer250racer
hey
ok most carbs are made of a very soft metal and so are the screws. why they do this is beyond me but it isnt necessarily pressure you apply you must be very gentle. the screws you need to replace are more than likely reproduced and you simply need to look up your carb and find repair kits. complete screw kits should be fairly cheap.
hope i helped
I looked on ebay and even typed in the code that my clymer manual says is the stock carb and ive come up with nothing :/

Old 01-20-2010, 11:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by cwd09
that is the same picture in my clymer repair manual it doesnt show the flap on the inside of the carb. :/
what flap? what quad are we talking about?

Old 01-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Trailblazer

alright i just found out what the "flap" is called. lol. I've looked on ebay and google and have founs nothing. I need the two screws that hold the CHOKE PLATE on.

and it's an '03 z400

Old 01-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I looked here: Alpha Sports - Suzuki ATV Parts Catalog

Didn't see anything called a choke plate

What number is it in this pic? http://www.alpha-sports.com/satv/2003/LTZ400/05.gif

Old 01-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by JustRandy
I looked here: Alpha Sports - Suzuki ATV Parts Catalog

Didn't see anything called a choke plate

What number is it in this pic? http://www.alpha-sports.com/satv/2003/LTZ400/05.gif
the chocke plate isnt shown it must come with the main body of the carb. if you look in the "exit" side of the card going into the intake on the head there is a golden disk that opens and closes with the thottle.You cant miss it bc it blocks off the entire internal bore of tthe carb.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Trailblazer

Ok here is a picture I colored of where it is in the carb. Hope it helps!

Attached Thumbnails Carb Help Please-carb.jpg  

Quick Reply: Carb Help Please