Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

93 King Quad - carburation problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 King Quad - carburation problems

I owe my friend a favor, so I told him to bring over his quad and I'd try to fix some of the problem's he's been having with it.

First thing is I am pretty sure the carb needs a rebuild or at least a very good cleaning. I've noticed fuel coming back into the intake box and when trying to pull start, it was getting all over my jeans and shirt. Not really sure what the hell is going on there, perhaps the carb is leaking? Its not backfiring. Its generally hard to start, but once it starts it will run ok and even idle ok for a little while. Once it heats up after 10-15 minutes of use it wants to stall out if you dont keep the rpms up. It will also randomly die after its warmed up, like it's intermittently running out of fuel. After it stalls, it is very hard to start. Best thing to do is wait 10-15 minutes and then it usually fires up if you give it a little gas. So the carb is definitly coming out and getting cleaned up. Any tips or suggestions here?

Second issue is it wont go into the different locking gear. Is this a quick fix?

Third issue is the neutral button is always on, which can really throw you off when your are switching into reverse. Is there a typical switch or sensor that needs to be replaced here? Is there an online manual for this thing?

Thanks guys!
Silas

Name:  CIMG1371.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  182.3 KB
Name:  CIMG1372.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  136.2 KB